Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Winter Meeting Topics

Winter Meeting Topics 1 month 3 weeks ago #8575

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Hello forum family and friends,

We discussed many topics during this meeting and will enjoy three weddings during spring meeting, including my own so let's talk about how we are feeling about the world we live in these days.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Winter Meeting Topics 1 month 2 weeks ago #8576

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
the things we talked about during this meeting covered what it’s like to live in the United States. I was asked why I don’t want to buy any more homes in this country as I have purchased homes in Italy and Ghana Africa. I feel this way because we never really own anything in the United States. Taxes are a way to take every thing away from you. We pay far too much in taxes to live in the United States and on top of that we pay to much for quality health care. Please understand, the American dream is and illusion. We work hard all our lives believing when we purchase our homes they are ours but no they aren’t. They are never yours even if you own the land they are built on. Think about it. You purchase you\r home now a days for millions but you don’t own the land it’s built on so that house is never yours. In essence we are all renters as taxes is a way to take what you have spent up to 30 or more years paying for, away from you. It’s never yours free and clear, never. So much for the American Dream, it’s an illusion.

Winter Meeting Topics 1 month 2 weeks ago #8577

• Wesley
I like listening to my elders because they make so much sense. I want to own my own home but I agree with Uncle Mike. I inherited my father’s home in the US when he moved to Italy. I have to pay property taxes and they are pretty high. So, although the house is supposedly paid for, we don’t own the land it sits on and the taxes on the land are ridiculously high. So, what’s the point. Our system makes sure it gets money out of us from the moment we are born until the moment we die and no nothing is ours even when we think we have paid it off. The truth is often hard to swallow.

Winter Meeting Topics 1 month 2 weeks ago #8578

• Mimi
I don’t want to pay taxes that go toward the salaries of a corrupt Supreme Court and a dysfunctional congress. I’m tired of paying for the MTG’s and the Gaetz’s and the Timberville’s I’m tired of it. I’m also not interested in paying taxes to trump and his Mega freaks. I don’t want my money funding ideas and interest I don’t subscribe to and don’t benefit me at all. I’m tired of paying the individuals on the Supreme court and they do nothing but take away our rights. They won’t even uphold the amendments in the constitution. I don’t want to pay all these damn taxes just for them to take away our rights to our own damn bodies, that’s what this has come down to. We pay their salaries, how long do we want to do that? I don’t want to give the Supreme Court another scent to strip me of my rights, and assist donald trump in his pursuit to regain the presidential seat.

Winter Meeting Topics 1 month 2 weeks ago #8579

• Rye
I say that Terrance Howard was fined one million dollars for telling a judge he didn’t think black people should have to pay taxes and they haven’t been given reparations. I happen to agree with him. Until this country does right by the ancestors of those held in bondage in this country, black people should be exempt from paying any kind of taxes. If they can’t get reparations than exempt them from paying taxes. Especially when they are being brutalized by police all over this country.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Rye.

Winter Meeting Topics 1 month 2 weeks ago #8580

• Braxton
I agree with Rye about African Americans and taxes. They aren’t treated like 1st class citizens, hell in Florida they are trying to make light of the horror of slavery. As long as shit like that is going on African American’s should not be forced to pay taxes that go toward police and political people who don’t represent their best interest, passing laws that impact them negatively and sometimes appear to be forcing them into living conditions that are barely better than slavery. I think enough is enough and the way African Americans are treated in this country has gone one long enough. I’m disgusted by what they are doing in Florida and Texas trying to control what kids are taught. What do they think will happen. When they go out into the world they will learn the truth and they will be pissed off and shocked when they realize they have been lied to. It’s not going on all over the country, all over the world. They truth will always come out. Then what? I don’t like finding out I’ve been lied to about things.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds