Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: HUMANITARIANISM

HUMANITARIANISM 7 months 1 day ago #8242

• Kelton
  • Elite Member
Wealthy people have to wake up and realize the world can’t go on like this. I saw a post on Instagram about the cycle we of life we have all been programed to believe is right. Think about it if more people become homeless because the cost of housing keeps going up, more businesses will be threatening to sue the city because it’s driving their customers away. It makes more sense to buy some land, put in all the things they need stores, clinics, schools give them places to work in their own community building, plumbing, teaching just give them their own affordable communities and leave them the hell alone.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HUMANITARIANISM 7 months 1 day ago #8243

• Deb
  • Elite Member
So, Mark, I like Kelton’s idea. Why can’t people do that? We need to do something. Some of our tax dollars could go to a fund to finance the community. We have to stop ignoring the poorest among us. It has to stop being all about the rich. Besides the middle class is shrinking more and more every day.

HUMANITARIANISM 7 months 1 day ago #8244

• Tony
  • Premium Member
I think if it’s not closed up, people try to sabotage it. Some developer will suddenly see some potential for the space and bam they come up with a way to push the residence out, especially if it’s all new with good plumbing and sound structures. They’ll start that shit about who’s going to represent then in congress all the other shit, power cable, water services, trash removal services. They’ll ruin it and, in a few years, well be right back to the same thing.

HUMANITARIANISM 7 months 15 hours ago #8245

• Emily
  • Administrator
Yeah Tony, they want to give people pennies and expect praise for it and want to say something is better than nothing. I read a story in my news feeds about a young mother kicked out of the house when she was 13 and had been living on her own for the past ten years. Or course she’s been homeless most of that time long story short she’s in court over various tickets she can’t pay. Some man donates100 dollars and this is used to pay down her tickets, leaving a balance. Where or why should we cheer 100 funky dollars? How far does one hundred dollars go these days? They want the poor to be happy with scraps it’s ridiculous.

HUMANITARIANISM 7 months 15 hours ago #8246

• Rocky
  • Elite Member
Tony, I know what you mean and now that you mention all those things, we can come up with ways to deal with them right away. Like, annexing the areas from the cities. Having their own power system based on solar and wind power completely, no affiliation with the main power companies. Trash everything has to be biodegradable, nothing that can’t be recycled. I mean everything can be evaluated at the onset to avoid some of these things. There should be a board of trusties with a set of laws regarding the community, like no selling any part of the community to any type of developers looking to built expensive housing, pushing the residence out or raising the cost of the homes in the area. Just discuss each challenge and make provisions for them.

HUMANITARIANISM 7 months 13 hours ago #8247

• Rod
  • Elite Member
Honey, ladies, :cheer:we would have to annex areas like a place on the east coast, the west coast maybe north and south designated for the homeless and extremely poor. Treaties would have to be signed, even though the US is known for breaking treaties, we could start there making sure some specific safe-guards are in place. It is not going to be easy but does that mean we don’t try? We can’t keep waiting on the government to do something about the homeless situation every major city in this country is facing so we would have some leverage based on that. I think it’s a doable solution.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds