Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Summer Meeting topics

Summer Meeting topics 8 months 1 week ago #8161

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Democracy: we keep hearing how important it is. Well, trump isn’t the only one threatening our democracy. Our democracy is built around a constitution. We are governed by all parts of that constitution. That means, EVERYONE that took part in the insurrection that occurred on January 6th 2021 is guilty and in violation of the 14th amendment section 3. All of those who are in congress must be expelled as they are now in violation of that amendment. Yes they want it to go away because they know they are guilty and ineligible to serve in any political office. Under no circumstances should Trump be allowed to be on the presidential ticket and for the media to even suggest he might be the next president is ridiculous. He will not be president because he is a criminal. He will be found guilty on many of the charges against him. He will not be president because he is in violation of the 14th amendment of the constitution section 3. Let us stand in solidarity with the state who are bravely removing him from the ballot in their states as they do care about our democracy and not sensationalism in these crucial times. It’s time for truth and honesty if we are to consider ourselves true American patriots.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Summer Meeting topics 8 months 1 week ago #8162

• Alex
  • Premium Member
We are definitely living in strange times. I can’t believe how blindly people follow a man who has proven time and time again he gives a damn for no one but himself. It’s like mass insanity. I agree that media has risen trump to a high pedestal even though most of the time they aren’t saying anything nice about him. I agree, they like the sensationalism that seems to accompany him. I have joined the ranks of those who chose not to listen to the news. I’d prefer to get my news from tic tok or Instagram so I can hear the stuff that really matters. Trump does not matter to most of us, hasn’t in a long time. I’m a little tired of the media telling us what should matter to us. I’m tired of the media telling us something that does nothing for our lives should be the most important thing in our lives. Too many are homeless, I read an article that black women are the rising face of homelessness and I don’t find that hard to believe at all. This is the kind of stuff we need them to focus on but no…all the want to do is glorify trump.

Summer Meeting topics 8 months 1 week ago #8163

• Miles
  • Premium Member
The media has always been and done what they are and do. We just have to learn to tune them out and focus on the matters that are most important to us.

Homelessness is very serious and it will devour this country if it continues to be ignored. This is always how it goes. A problem is ignored so long it takes over. Wealthy people are always focused on only what makes them money. It is why they are always taken be surprise by a problem they never saw coming. This is what homelessness will do if it is not addressed very soon.

I am ready to leave a country that will elect a criminal as president even though their own constitution, the very set of laws they base their democracy on. If they think it is going to just go over the heads of we the citizens of this country they are wrong.

Summer Meeting topics 8 months 1 week ago #8164

• Beth
  • Premium Member
Ah the media. I just change the channel these days. I am trumped out. I am so concerned about the homeless problem we are facing in this country. It’s unbelievable. This is American and it is why I wish people from Mexico would stop coming here. We are struggling n this country. It is not all it’s cracked up to be.
Mason had an idea, I think we should all shine a light on the problem in the places where we live, share it on Instagram, do our part to shine a constant light on the homeless situation. Some things are up to us. I agree there is a reason why they want to silence social media, a reason try and make us all think it’s bad by ways of conventional media. The more things change the more they stay the same. We just have to use the tools we have to let our voices be heard.

Summer Meeting topics 8 months 1 week ago #8165

• Barb
  • Premium Member
Doug says hello everyone :)

I think it’s easy for the haves to ignore and overlook the needs of the poor. They don’t like the eyesore and want to sweep it under the rug. Clearly this is a problem that is growing to big to sweep under the rug.

I have to agree about the questioning of how we feel about our democracy. Our democracy is based on the constitution and if these laws are being violated by anyone this is something that should never be ignored. Donald trump needs to be held accountable along with all the other members of congress that had something to do with violating the constitution. It’s that simple. Either we are patriots or we are not and many of the people involved in any way with the insurrection should be held accountable.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Barb.

Summer Meeting topics 8 months 1 week ago #8166

• Adam
  • Premium Member
I’m wondering when we are going to have a consensus about the 14th amendment section 3. The constitution says what the constitution says. I mean does the majority of us in this country believe we are governed by the laws laid out in the constitution and that it is the foundation of our democracy or not? I don’t care how trump is polling I really don’t especially since I’m not a part of any such polls. Who are they polling? I will feel better about America when everyone who claims to care about our democratic structure, from the media down, starts acknowledging the laws laid our in our constitution. Based on those laws trump is not eligible to run from president and some members of congress need to be removed based on their involvement with the attempt to overturn our 2020 presidential election.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds