Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: October Article "Choices"

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6488

• Adam
  • Premium Member
I think choosing to leave the force was met with quite a bit of resistances, especially from fellow officers and commanders. I not only witnessed the situation with my kid’s mother that rocked me to the core, I also felt the officers I worked with were a little to hard on minorities. I didn’t feel like upper staff cared enough and I want to be a part of something honorable not what it is now. I just could stay. I want to work for honorable people in an honorable institution not a prideful one full of people who can’t admit when they are wrong and do all they can to make a bad situation right instead of covering it up. That’s just not honorable to me so I ignored all the resistance and went to work for Sir Mark, with better pay and I’m proud of the work we do. It did benefit me to follow my heart.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6489

• Miles
  • Premium Member
Of course it's my mother's side of the family. That side of the family has always been a huge dress for me. My grandfather who is a preacher has always spoken poorly of my father and my father's side of the family. They wanted me to join them and abandon my wife's side of the family. Is clear for my mother choosing to marry outside of her race was a huge problem for her. She has remarried now and he is also White so now she doesn't even speak to her father. But they gave me a very hard time for choosing to stay with my dad. But I'm glad I did.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6490

• Jess
Oh I have a couple let’s see, my mother hated my first wife but she was the only one who could see through her. I should have listened to her, but the main decision I made that I actually regret, and I can’t say I was following my heart, it was kind of like Stewart, and Brice, I was doing what I felt was expected of me and hoping everyone was wrong when in my heart I knew they weren’t. I opened my doors to my brother and that was the worst thing I’ve ever done. I so regret letting Benson into my life and bringing him around our Gnostic family, what he did to Ashley and certainly what he did to Rebecca. I really wish I had of saw things as they were not as I wanted them to be.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6491

• Barb
  • Premium Member
I and the reason Rod's family turned on him he chose to be with me and his stepmother hated my family. My father hated Rod's stepmother and they did not want me to marry Rod but they never paid any attention to me or show me any affection and I felt like their relationships with other people was their problem. So in some ways this was my form of rebellion I did not marry Rod for the right reasons I' married him to get back at my parents. At the end of the day he made a huge sacrifice for me and I will always love him for that. He's a very good man and I don't regret my choice because we had three beautiful very smart children.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6492

• Chris
  • Elite Member
It’s a toss up for me as well, I was clobbered when I decided to divorce my first wife, because we were catholic so you all know how they feel about divorce. I was then battered for choosing to leave the catholic faith and become a Gnostic. The friends are now gone and that’s fine and the family was my ex-wife’s and some, a few family members on dad’s side not many, but I followed my heart as well and I’m glad. Now I have to add deciding to move out of the country, I got a lot of static for that from people I worked for but I was far to worried about my have black children whom I love. I don’t want them growing up in a place where even law enforcement is a danger to their lives.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6493

• Josh
  • Premium Member
I might be the oldest but I was not the smartest. I ended up following my younger siblings because I couldn't take it anymore either. But because I was the oldest I bore the brunt of that woman's anger. She humiliated me in front of guests and they were all against what we were deciding to . It was like being in a cult trying to escape. She tried to physically attack me in front of an audience. Grandfather had to step in and hold her back but it was the hardest decision I've ever made because I knew grandfather wasn't happy. I hate it to leave him but I couldn't stay he was trying to force me into a marriage that I knew I just couldn't take that step. So returning to my mother and father was the best decision I've ever made and I'm very happy I follow my little brother and sister home./size]
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds