Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: October Article "Choices"

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6458

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
The October article is up and it calls for us to tell a personal story about a choice they made and stood by when they made it and continue to stand by it to this day. I can't wait to hear some of the stories that will post here. Hopefully it will help our younger forum and family as they wrestle with decisions they have to make in life. :)
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by JackeeM.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6459

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
The most important decision I made in my life met with the most resistance. I told everyone I was joining Sir Paul and becoming a Gnostic. I heard it all, from everyone I knew family and friends, how bad I was and all I was going to do was embarrass Sir Paul because I was so corrupt. Yeah, it was said nicer but the meaning was never missed. I almost listened but something told me to follow my heart and I finally did that. That’s what most people didn’t know about me, I had never followed my heart before. I always did what was expected, what was required, not this time, and I was all the better for it.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6460

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
My story is close to my cousin Carm’s, I was told not to join law enforcement because I wasn’t suited for that. In other words, I was not expected to be on the right side of the law. First, I went to the military, against the advisement of everyone in my family and most of my friends. Then I joined the team on the right side of the law and because I followed my heart, I was always on the right track in life career wise, financially, and economically.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Mike.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6461

• Ebony
  • Elite Member
The decision I met to leave the Christian religion was met with the most resistance in my life. Some members in my family still don’t speak to me. That’s all right though because my life has never been more fulfilling and I have never felt more grounded and in step as I do today. I have no regrets and I almost listened to all the reason Gnosticism was not the right way to go. I saw my former paster a short time after leaving the church, the choir and he wouldn’t even speak to me. I walked on and said that was why I knew I made the right decision. I don’t want to be a part of a belief that punishes, rejects, and constantly passes judgement on everyone else.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6462

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
I decided to be the woman I was born and OMG I still don’t talk to my brothers. They are so angry that I stopped taking the hormone pills that were turning me into the man I never was simply because my father didn’t want any daughters. I was finally able to be myself and give my mother what she always wanted, a daughter. I also thank my wonderful husband for showing me who I truly was and giving me everything I dreamed for all my life, especially motherhood.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6463

• Jay
  • Administrator
My faith, I was confronted with the most resistance when I joined the Gnostic Faith. I too have family who refuse to speak to me because I’m not a Christian a catholic. I’ve never been one to not follow my heart so I respectfully told them to bug off. I have no regrets.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds