Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: October Article "Choices"

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6482

• Kendra
  • Premium Member
The the decision I made the met with the most resistance especially from my family was to marry outside of my race and outside of the religion I grew up in. My mother finally came around and is now a part of our faith but the rest of our family has literally disowned us for marrying white man and joining the Gnostic Faith but this was the best decision both of us could have ever made in our lives and we are very happy and proud that we followed our hearts
The administrator has disabled public write access.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6483

• Tony
  • Premium Member
For me it was when I decided to go to college believe it or not. I was told I was not smart enough to go to college and I was wasting my time. I actually never felt lower in my life I finally realized that my family and so-called closest friends didn't have a very good opinion of me. It has haunted me to this day. Well I went to college and I got my bachelor's degree and I proved all of them wrong. This is why I love my brother so very much all my life because he is the only one he told me to go for it.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6484

• Rod
  • Elite Member
I got the most static about a decision I made when both my ex-wife and I decided to divorce. We almost called it off and stayed together and neither of us would be happy today if we had not followed our hearts and did what was best for us. We are best friends and have members into our family growing us all in the best possible and diverse ways imaginable. We are a well-rounded, well-grounded family.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6485

• Justine
  • Premium Member
I believe it was when I stood up to my grandmother follow up my brother back to my father and mother. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but the best thing because I really feared my grandmother. I have never regretted that choice and I'm so glad to be back with my own parents who I am love and respected and I don't have any fear we followed our heart Ryan

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6486

• Emily
  • Administrator
The most resistance I’ve ever gotten about a decision I made was when I decided to leave with my dad when he divorced my mom. All of the family felt I should remain with my mother including my mother but I had to be with my dad. He needed love and I love my dad. Mom was wrong and she hurt dad. I wanted to be with my dad. I was a teenager and just wanted to be with my dad. So, yes I have aunts and uncles who do not associate with my dad and me and that’s fine. Like Doc R said, we are a bigger, more diverse family so we gained far more than we lost by following our heart.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6487

• Rhena
  • Premium Member
For me it was when I decided to press charges against the man he raped me when I was 14. As soon as I was able to pursue that matter I did. I was pregnant after that encounter and I had to have an abortion. Because it was family the family wanted me to let it go. But with Ebony by my side I stood up to them instead by the decision I made to make him pay for the pain and suffering he caused me. I have never regretted that choice and I don't care it is part of the family never speaks to me again.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds