Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: October Article "Choices"

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6470

• Alex
  • Premium Member
I chose to leave Britain and move to the United States. Everyone thought that was a terrible idea. But I was in love and I am with my wonderful husband to this day. I was convinced to leave my husband. But as soon as I realized what a mistake that was I quickly returned to him. I'm just glad he took me back. However, some of my family refuse to speak to me to this day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6471

• Tina
  • Premium Member
I have a decision that was that would so much resistance that I was left in tears when I chose to marry Carmine my whole family turned against me they don't talk to me to this day. My family a black family is so racist that they disowned me. I'm okay with it because we weren't very close anyway. I had a mother that was an alcoholic and a prostitute. She never knew who my father was so it just wasn't a very close knit family .So I have my own family now and I'm glad I chose to marry my husband it was the best thing I've ever done in my life I followed my heart as well

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6472

• Val
  • Premium Member
Mason, mine is not listening to everybody who told me not to marry my first husband. I refused to listen I was hot-headed and determined to prove everyone wrong. I was the one that was clearly wrong and it was the worst thing I've ever done in my life.. I was ridiculed, beating , verbally and physically abused, raped for five years I was in misery. I should have listened and not followed my heart in that regard.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6473

• Brice
  • Premium Member
For a short time I sided with my father. Everyone was against that but I hoped that they were wrong and I was right. I hoped my dad was not the man everyone said he was. I wanted my dad to be the best. I remembered having a good time with my dad before his accident. But everyone was right. And it didn't take long for him to show me just how right everyone was. I wish I had listened but I'm glad I finally came to my senses. Sometimes following your heart is not grounded in logic and it will lead you to make the wrong choice.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6474

• Stew
I did what everyone expected me to do all my life. I even married the woman I was expected to marry against my better judgment and against my heart. I was trying to do the right thing as I was guided. It turned out to be a terrible thing and I almost completely lost my only son. This time I did follow my heart and I've never been happier at the tail end of my life. So my story is more of going with the flow doing what you're told and what is expected of you and knowing in your heart it's not the best thing for you. Take it from an old man please don't do that with your life. It's your life not your parents, not your family, not anyone Do what you feel is best in your life. I so admire Sir Paul because he truly loved his kids . I've been speaking to his children and I look forward to hearing more of how he handled complicated things when they came up in his children's lives

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6475

• Karen
  • Premium Member
I made a decision against my heart and the cost was resounding. It was way to high. I turned my back on my daughter because everyone advised me to let her learn the hard way. Becca needed me and I let others keep me from being the mother I so wanted to be all of her life. I have to agree, sometimes, like Vince said, we can’t let anyone keep us from following what is deep in our heart because my daughter is gone and all I can do is be there for her children in a way I was unable to be there for my daughter.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds