Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Emotional Pits

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6328

• Rhena
  • Premium Member
To all of you who have been subjected the viciousness of abuse my heart goes out to you and all my love.

I am all for disengaging I’ve had to do it with several family members.

As for Jan 6 Doc Jess, I’m glad I don’t live in the United States anymore, that’s how traumatizing it all is for me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6329

• Benji
  • Premium Member
We didn’t suffer much abuse but we witnessed it so I can say first hand, it is real hard to watch a sibling and your mother being beaten by an out of control alcoholic. There are images seared into my memory for all time. I, like Mason can remember them as if they happened yesterday and I also try to lock the memories far away in the dark corner of my mind.

We had to do as Deb said and I don’t communicate with the people on my mother’s side because it always turns into something evil. I don’t want my wife and children subjected to them so we keep our distance.

I am not shocked by what happened on Jan 6th it’s a bunch of people who feel the way the people in the crowd felt. Over seven million people voted for that monster and to many of them continue to support him. Yeah, it must be hard to see just how ugly white people can act first hand, Imagine how they treated the Africans when they brought them over here and forced them into lives of slavery. We have seen this kind of hate throughout the past four hundred years. Emmet Till, all the black people chased down and viciously murdered, Black Wall Street. It’s not the first time, and it won’t be the last.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6330

• Loreen
  • Administrator
I have to say these stories are really sad and intense. They leave me speechless and unable to find the right words.

I am like sometimes seen as the one easy to anger, the one who is always starting arguments, the overly opinionated one. I try not to anger people and I don’t like pushing anyone’s buttons. I do want to make sure I’m working toward being more peaceful because I truly want to be.

I agree with Benji this isn’t the first time this kind of thing has happened. They are terrorist. The KKK and Aryan Brothers, all of them hunt in packs terrorizing their victims by they shear numbers. I have to say black people have experienced that white wall of hate many times so it doesn’t shock us to see it. Nothing is sacred to these people. Not even Jesus. All they care about is their sick need to hurt others because they hate themselves so they hate everyone else. I think of zombies, they are all the walking dead.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6331

• Alex
  • Premium Member
Mason I’ve known one person who was abused and that was Bridgette. It was really debilitating for her as we all remember she ended up committing suicide. I am convinced this destroys the lives of all those close to the situation in any capacity. I am just glad all of you are here to share your stories and help us understand just how traumatizing this really is.

I used to be a brawler but I’m over it. It’s a horrible way to be and I wouldn’t want people to decide to disengage from me.

I think what happened on t he 6th of Jan. showed us the real ugly side of racist hateful cultish people in this country and that much hate is hard to shake off especially if you were right in the thick of it.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6332

• Beth
  • Premium Member
I knew a kid in school who was being abused by his father. He had a hopeless look in his eyes and we kept asking the teacher why they wouldn’t do something. She just told us they were working on it. Finally CPS showed up at the school and took him out. He was limping. We never saw him again but he wrote the class a letter and said he was living with his grandparents on his mother’s side and he was finally safe. He thanked us for speaking up and saving his life and I was so glad we finally spoke up. It took us saying something though to get anything done. It was hard to watch hum suffering so I can’t imagine what it would be like to witness the abuse first hand. I don’t know what goes through the mind of an adult that abuses a defenseless child and I don’t want to know, it’s just a blessing they survive and life to share their experiences for the embitterment of how we deal with other situations we encounter.

I know disengaging works so I totally agree with the article.

Doc…it was hard to watch the videos, hard to hear the pain in the aftermath, these officers are experiencing, but that wall of hate, it’s not new in the United States. The KKK is a group of domestic terrorists all of those white supremacist groups are domestic terrorist. They have been on the move since forever. It’s time to take them seriously and do something about it, something concrete, real.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6333

• Doug
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes in law enforcement we see this a lot and child abuse calls are always the hardest calls to respond to. The sad thing is, when they come you know they are serious because not enough people get involved when a child is being abused. It is always severe by the time we are called and the children typically do not survive. It’s horrible and if there is a way to protect all children from this kind of violence those ways of prevention need to be explored.

The ex is the very type person you have to implement the strategy of disengaging. She is hard to reason with because of course she is always the victim. She’s impossible to talk to without feeling the steam of her venomous tongue. All you can do is avoid this kind of person having as little to do or say to them as possible.

Jess I’ve experienced some scary stuff but this never anything like t this. I am going to say that as a white person, I don’t expect to experience anything like this from any race or ethnic group. It’s the blatant disrespect for the law and a building that represents law and order. Who storms the State Capital anywhere? The entire ordeal is hard to wrap your mind around. It’s compounded with the claim they are Christians, that they in anyway love, respect, honor, represent, or have reverence for God. Trust me…it was an eyeopener in that it once again exposed some truths that all white people, especially the decent ones need to admit and separate from people like this even if they are family.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds