Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Emotional Pits

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6264

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
The August Article is up Forum family. I can't wait to have the discussion it's going to create here in the forum. Let's talk about things that bother us because the draw us into situations that are uncomfortable and often confrontational. I have a few situations I'd like to share but I'll pop in and read the post before I get into it. :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6266

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
In my profession many people are flat out demonized but like the article says they have been classified as suffering from some form of mental disorder. OOO the way they cuss and call you names. They spit on you if they could shit on us they would do that as well. No, it's not hard to see why back in the day, before the excuses came out, these people were demons. I mean, okay you have a mental disorder, why do you have to do nothing but evil, disruptive shit? I've never excused wickedness it's just another crutch to lean on. I absolutely agree, we can't feed the demon that seems to desire chaos on a continuous bases. I like the explanation of the damage to abused children in regards to their emotional responses to others. So they disconnect, meaning the shot their emotions down right?

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6268

• Luke
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Emotional pits, wooo. I have dealt with people who are just damn evil. They like to claim they have a mental disorder and they might, but the things they do and say are evil.

I have always hated gossip and if I say it I stand by it. Mason go into a little more about this disconnect thing. I think I know what your talking about but you have a way of breaking things down relevant terms so that they make sense to everyone. It truly proves the permanent damage child abuse causes. Docs way in on this, what say you?

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6270

• Rod
  • Elite Member
I know the disconnect Mason is talking about. Frankly, this is how people become murderers. We often ask ourselves how people do the things they do, and show no remorse, they disconnect. It’s something the mind does to protect itself it seems. Imagine experiencing. What that must be like. Justin didn’t like to talk about it but when he did it was horrible. I think child abuse needs to be a priority issue. The damage it does in devastating. If it means we implement a parental qualification process. It’s something that needs to be done.

Yes, it’s a good idea to walk away from an argumentative person, disengage immediately. It takes two or more people to argue, at some point being right isn’t really the issue, defusing a potential volatile situation is the best thing to do.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6272

• Kelton
  • Elite Member
I know this ability very well. It’s simply shutting all emotions off. It just happens. It’s like a block and it is hard to shut them back on once the block is activated. This does affect how you express affection even to those you genuinely care about. Hugging and kissing isn’t an immediate form of interaction. Intimacy, isn’t easy nor is it handled well. By this I mean, intimacy is a elevated emotional experience, so in order to avoid the prolong expression of affection it is often rushed, which is how men rape. They want fast sexual release, gratification, without all the other expressions of affection. They don’t want to show affection but they want the high sexual encounters gives us all.

I don’t think it’s an excuse for certain behaviors and the continued show of force and dominance over others in itself starts to be and excessive desire, the rush of having that kind of dominating control. Disconnecting allows a person to shut out all forms of emotion, this is what is needed to stop the pain of abuse as a child. Yeah, at some point the pain stops, it stops registering in the brain or the brain shuts down the ability to feel the damage. Doing this repeatedly, makes it hard to return to normal again once the barrier has been activated.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6274

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
I do not have this ability to disconnect but I do understand it based on what I’m hearing. Man I have to agree with my little brother due to the level of damage this is causing we have to find a better way because, yes, parents are supposed to teach our children how to be responsible but when parents are too preoccupied with abusing their kid they only teach them disconnect for humanity. This is how they abuse animals, bully other kids, and show no empathy for others. It does explain how this happens and I for one appreciate it. Now we see the break down from the onset. Abuse, child abuse is a disease and needs to be handled as such.

I have been a victim of violence, and violent verbal attacks. I’ve been attacked for my position on racism, my refusal to join the ranks of those who discriminate, of marrying a woman of color, for having no tolerance for any act of anti-diversity at any of points of business, and for not being a Christian. Now, I immediately disengage by holding up my hand and having people removed, showing no tolerance or patience for it, and because I am the boss, my position carries weight. My race, and gender do as well. I don’t respond to violence with violence and I show no tolerance for it. I don’t care why a person is behaving the way they are behaving, I will not tolerate it. You can never FEED the DEMON, and that’s exactly what this kind of behavior is I don’t care what a person’s condition is. Michael is right, if people with mental disorders can misbehave, they know how to behave. It’s all about what we are willing to tolerate. I will not argue, you can talk to me but you can not yell at me, shout at me, or use profanity while attempting to hold a conversation with me especially if you are agitated or angry. This goes for family, friends, employees, and everyone else. I agree with the message, limit time spent with highly opinionated people who are easily angered, argumentative, aggressive and often violent. When we encounter people like this, disengage from any topic that has the potential to become heated.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds