Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Emotional Pits

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6334

• Kay
  • Premium Member
Aunt Mason I read Hope N Hell so I know a lot of this too and it is very scary and traumatizing. I’m not shocked these things happened to Carmine either, he looks like he’s been traumatized sometimes and that snake thing is horrifying cousin Carm. Uncle Kelton you are so beautiful I know you have had trouble with people touching on you all your life. You kind of jump when someone touches you, especially your back. It’s all very sad.

I too have been one who needed to be disengaged with. I’ve been on both ends of this. It comes from a place of trouble. When I was seven a girl whispered to another girl sitting beside me, that my parents were so old. A black girl looked her up and down and said her parents looked like her sister who was fourteen and everyone laughed but my heart hit the floor because I thought that anyway. Dad started having heart trouble early in our lives and mom was often tired and clearly struggling to do all the things she had to do for all of us. I remember thinking, they were too old to be our parents and it made me angry. Angry at them for being to old to have kids and it only got worse. But, people who are this way are dealing with something within they need to talk to someone about. I got angrier when dad died and mom had her stroke.

As a white person I’m embarrassed and disgusted about these kinds if white people. They make me sick and I don’t want all of us judged by the actions of these idiots. I’m not sure how I would deal with it doc haven never been faced with anything like that but it doesn’t shock me what they did. Shameful!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6335

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
Mason, how the hell else are we supposed to take it? Everything will always be personal. It’s how we see it. It’s our defense. It’s how we survive. It’s our way of not letting anyone all the way in.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6336

• Ashley
  • Premium Member
I also grew up in an abusive home. My husband’s story, of which I just heard, shocks, horrifies, and hurts me. I did not go through anything as horrible as him or Mason. Barb you need to tell us what it’s like to grow up the way you did, share with us all of you who grew up this way. What is that like?

I have a sister I talk to very little and a cousin who just passed away after contracting the Delta variance of Covid. She lived for 6 weeks in the hospital just getting sicker and sicker and she was finally taken off life support. She was perfectly healthy before Covid and she was only 32 years. I agree with Courtney, they do usually have something eating at them making them miserable and you how the saying goes, misery loves company.

I’m not shocked Doc, but I am disgusted. My heart goes out to those so deeply hurt by what happened because they were directly involved. This is just how it is in the good ole USA :cheer:

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6337

• JJ
  • Premium Member
I wasn’t abused but I did see my father abused by his first two wives. It wasn’t good for any of us because dad is so kind hearted. We grew up with nannies Tina and they are okay, we spend most of our time wishing for our parents. More time with them but they are always so busy. I think the only thing we suffer from is the distance from our parents. I love my dad and just like being with him. I still love him so very much he’s my hero, he always has been.

I remember having to distance myself from RJ after a while. I miss him sometimes but he went of the deep end and I couldn’t let him drag me with him. I’ll just keep taking the disengage advice when dealing with brawlers because what if they have a mental disorder and the have something bugging them too? Double wammy yep time to walk no run in the opposite direction.

I grew up basically white but on occasion I was reminded I am a Jew. Not the right kind of white. Haven said that, I’m not shocked by what happened especially in light of the kind of people who did it. Trump supporters are not always the best people. I’ve seen the hate up close but only from one or two people. I can’t even wrap my mind around a wall of people with that intense hate. It had to be a very horrible situation.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6338

• Brad
  • Premium Member
She’s gone Chris, passed this morning from complications do to the Delta Variance of Covid 19 also known as the Coronavirus. I just received notification and her estate passed to you and I she made the provision when she was diagnosed and started getting very ill. She signed it last Tuesday but left no messages no final words. We have to meet the attorneys next Wednesday I can do the first meeting giving you time to make it to the States Bro.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6339

• Linden
  • Premium Member
Chris, Brad, I am sorry to hear about your mother.

Dad was abusive because he was bitter, especially after the accident that put him in a wheelchair. He became verbally and mentally abusive. He showed us he was always racist and his hatred toward minorities intensified, especially Hispanics especially since it was a Hispanic male that ran a red light and was intoxicated who slammed into his sports care nearly killing him. Many things about him surfaced that he masked very well his whole life. We learned he grew up in a very anti-minority family as his family, trump supporters, are extremely racist on of his brothers may have been a part of the Jan 6th mob. I don’t know the detail because we don’t communicate with them much after he tried to kill me. I am so glad we disengaged when we did.

I have never seen a wall of hate like the one the capital police were the victims of, but I know it had to be intense Doc Jess because intense hate coming from one person is powerfully forceful. The only thing that finally beats it back in a bigger wall of love.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds