Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Emotional Pits

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6340

• Jazze
  • Premium Member
We didn’t know physical abuse but mom, or real mother didn’t like me. Abusive parents who have more than one kid seem to single one of their kids out to torment most. I was that kid. My dad always came to my rescue and I learned when I grew up this was one of the primary reasons they divorced. Our nanny kept telling dad she was mean to me, dangerous even. I remember her hitting me and my nanny stopping her then I remember us going to stay with our grandparents the following day and the next time we saw dad we he had moved us into a new, bigger house and mom wasn’t there. I love you dad.

I don’t have anything to say to my real mother today and she doesn’t have anything to say to me. I have a mother now and I love her very much. And I have to say disengaging from destructive people is always best and doing it as soon as possible is wise.

I do not like all the ugliness we have seen in the past few years. I think it has been a lot and what finally happened on Jan 6tth I think it is an ugliness that has always been a part of this nation it’s just so egregious that it lurks only in the shadows. It burst out for this one moment, as it has burst out in the past. This time it was so nefarious because they actually attacked our countries capital. It answered the question, what do we stand for? Who are we as a nation? This is it, sadly, this is it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6341

• Val
  • Premium Member
Wow, sorry to hear about your mother Brad and Chris I know you both were not close to her, but none the less, you have sympathy. We weren’t physically abused but we were often verbally and mentally abused as was mom. To this day I feed my father with a long handle spoon. It is wise to follow the advice laid out in the article to disengage and separate.

I’m not surprised Doc, this is who we are. Some of us are corrupt and evil and this is what that group of Americans looks like.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6342

• Chris
  • Elite Member
Damn I knew it. Okay! I’ll call later and get the details.

Val, she was a trump supporter and she received on of the one dose vaccination but yes she was older and had many underlining conditions. Oh and yes…she was a wealthy woman and we are her other children.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6343

• Aaron
  • Premium Member
Sorry about the news Chris and Brad. She was older and not vaccinated right? Was she a trump supporter too do you know? Well, now you two are richer. The physical abuse some of you suffered as children, is scary and hard to hear and read about. We can only now rejoice that all of you survived the ordeals you were subjected to at such young ages.

I have decided I have a few friends I have to follow the advice of the article and distance myself from because they aren’t on the same path in life as me so we don’t see eye to eye. I am not interested in meeting them halfway because they have ideas that oppress minorities, particularly black people, and I have no desire to be a part of that. I don’t agree with their practices those want no part of it. I parted ways with my business partner, branching out and starting my own company as I have a different set of values so over half the employees in the company, left when I left, leaving his company struggling and in need of employees. He is very upset about it and that is unfortunate, for him that is. I am now disengaged.

I have never been more horrified than I was by what we witnessed on Jan 6th but at the end of the day I can’t say I’m surprised. I hav never been subjected to that kind of hate, especially at that capacity. But I don’t doubt for a minute this is who we are and that this can and did happen. It will happen again and again until so real issues are dealt with once and for all.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6344

• lindsey
  • Premium Member
Chris and Brad I am sorry to hear you mother passed away even though you weren’t speaking to her it is still a permanent lose.

I also sympathize with all those who suffered abuse as children. I suffered some but nothing to the degree some of you have.

I have had to separate myself from family and friends for years now because they are racist and they are Trump supporters. I don’t agree with anything they believe in or support and this goes back to when Barack Obama ran for president. They voted against him, McCain and they were angry when Barack won. They then voted for Romney against Obama and were even angrier when Barack won again and their sole dislike was his race. So there are a lot of racist white people in this country and they ruin careers, give black people a hard time on the job and everywhere else. They voted for trump and continue to support trump and that Qanon mess as well. So I know the ugliness, the raw hate and it has no purpose, no reason.

Emotional Pits 2 years 8 months ago #6345

• Stew
My heart is heavy hearing about the horrible childhood some of you endured. Nothing can make up for it, nothing can change it once it’s happened, but we can pray that the wombs of the weak are closed and they seed of the wicked does not bear fruit. It is my prayer that the impure of heart naturally lose their ability to parent children. Earth gave us covid, now she needs to shut down the human reproductive system.

I think the article gives great insight and advice when it comes to maintaining individual peace and harmony, disengage.

I have been around a long time and I know how bad the race situation is in this country. I know how harmful, destructive, and deadly racism can be. I’m not shocked Dr. Jess by the people who were in the crowd of people who stormed this nations capital, but this I was disappointed. I remember the crowds when Obama won the presidency, the tears of joy. That was the most powerful multiracial wall I’ve ever witnessed, one of hope and love. So, although this was a powerful wall it was only one facet of the white race that came after four years of the worst president we’ve ever had. A wall that crumbled that day and continues to crumble. Hate does not stand long. It is fleeting, short lived. WEAK in the grand scheme of things. We need to always remember evil is but for a season. The sun will shine through and love will overcome and be victorious once again.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds