Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Knowing You

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6060

• Beth
  • Premium Member
Praise God they found that killer guilty now we need to get the rest of them out. It's time for better vetting.

Both Miles and I have been severing some ties. I have seen some things in people I called friends, that I can’t believe were hidden for the time I considered them a friend. I have told three people we aren’t the same kind of people so they can go their way and I’ll go mine. Just because I’m white doesn’t mean I agree with racism, oppression, suppression, and all of the horrible things that are attributed to republicans today. I have seen some of the worse things happening these past for years and don’t want anything to do with anyone who even tries to act like it hasn’t been that bad or that any part of it has been in anyway been justifiable. I want change because all this brutality is simply not sustainable.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Beth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6061

• Alex
  • Premium Member
Miles, she told him she doesn’t like trump and doesn’t believe anything he says. That was enough to make him want a divorce as well. She just let him think it was mostly his choice. That’s how strongly some people about trump and their racism.

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6062

• Doug
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
That is true Beth and I am glad they found him guilty. But, it happened again. Allow me to inform all of you I have officially resigned because the issues going on around this country, with how frequently police officers have been in situations where a black person has lost their life is not being taken seriously enough to me. Black people pay police officer salaries. They are not paying taxes to be brutalized. But…the said fact is, racist, extreme radical white people who because of white privilege, decided to run for office, join the military for training purposes, and yes become officers of the law simply to torture, terrorize, and murder minorities, especially black people. I’m talking KKK members. They are still alive and thriving. Where are they hiding? In your local police department. Once again they are in the spotlight. We can see them now, we know what to look for, and I felt surrounded by them for quiet some time.

These people are full of hate and thrive on causing serious mental and physical harm to others, particularly black people. I’m not that way so I resigned. These people don’t want to admit there is anything wrong with them, they are prideful and the belief they are privilege is so ingrained in them they can’t see anything wrong with what is going on. It was the George Floyd situation that sickened me. I start my new securities job in May and I’ve never been happier. Yes, it’s time to cut a lot of ties and I’m doing just that.

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6063

• Barb
  • Premium Member
Justice was served in Floyd's case but it's bitter sweet as there was yet again another police shooting of a young black female at the same time the guilty verdict came down.

You know I am reminded of the views of many of my family members with divided us a long time ago. I haven’t spoken to them in years and I don’t miss them. I’m glad they had no influence on the lives of my children. I can’t believe my husband was so put off he felt compelled to resign. He is such a good man. I’ll sat not only did the mirror exercise show me a lot about life, seeing how bad it is with out own eyes. It’s scary. I really hope the jury does the right thing. My mother was indifferent in regards to how badly black people are treated in this country. My dad was blatantly racist and treated black employees with open destine. My dad died alone in his office and sat dead for hours because no one wanted to disturb him in hid office. Of course my mother only cared about her social life and she discovered my father the following day, died in his office. When she asked how come one checked on him, the staff told her they were told not to disturb him for any reason. My mother called them stupid and I spoke what was on my mind. I told her he was mean to them so why should they care if he died. I told her she should have been there he was her husband. She sent me away after that. Her only daughter. She died when I was an adult and I didn’t bother attending her funeral. She was never a mother to me. She did not love anyone but herself. She never saw my children and met Rod months after we were married by accident. We were invited to the same dinner party. I was pregnant with our first child but said nothing to her. I’m nothing like either of them and it is rumored I was adopted, which would explain they left me little to nothing.

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6064

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
It’ felt so good watching them march Chauvin out of the court room in handcuffs it was crazy. I’m so tired of the brutality and I agree, black people are not paying officer salaries to be murdered in the street or in their damn beds. I mean, damn women and children are now expendable. Listen, if they don’t want black people to vote for who will represent them, and if they don’t want to reform the police allow t them to form their own communities outside of local city and state government agencies and pay federal and local taxes in their own communities that have their own public service system.

The mirror exercise was very eye-opening for me and I know damn well there are a lot of people who could not do it. Too much in their heads, too much they’ve done. I had that problem so I know. I overcame it because I saw forgiveness of myself during those five minutes and I was able to make some changes, better choices. There has to be a desire though and most republicans don’t want to do that.

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6065

• Tina
  • Premium Member
It really happened! That monster was found guilty for murdering George Floyd. I’m so glad they did the right thing. I was so nervous, but they turned around and did it again in Ohio, a teenage girl. We simply can’t call the police. It’s a death sentence. Something has got to be done. I don’t know how a lot of people look at themselves in the mirror for a second much less five minutes. I couldn’t just take someone’s life like they are doing. Mason, so they are watching? Are they pissed or what? I would be.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds