Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Knowing You

Knowing You 3 years 3 weeks ago #6042

• Niobi
Can you believe we gave friend over, Mark challenge him to look at himself in the mirror for five minutes, he last two, maybe. He laugh but he go from someone I think a funny, nice man to someone I no longer comfortable with. Even we children see it. It was amazing so we need to get these people out of our lives. He wife did this and when she cry he seemed to get angry. He say all she do is cry. I say I wonder why. He no look me in the eye after that and he tell Mark I need to have more beautiful babies and take off shoes. I tell him he need the lord. He wife just roll her eyes to him. I thinking they not to be with each other to longer. I agree with Kelton, when they start looking at themselves they realize it not who they want to be and they leave party, resign, or decide no more politics. Only the bad ones are left, and they are really bad. I can’t believe grown ups behave they way these did on January 6th, it was hard to believe we live in America but it opened eyes to how much hate is in the world.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Niobi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Knowing You 3 years 3 weeks ago #6043

• Adam
  • Premium Member
Believe it or not many officers are like Chauvin, they have a God complex and they are hard to work with. They do get to a point where they believe they are supreme and untouchable. They don’t feel they are capable of doing anything wrong. He leaned on Floyd’s neck and dared anyone to make him move. It was evil. I watch it and I’m glad to see other officers speaking up and out against what happened to Floyd. It’s like some republicans walk away from the party, I walked away from the force. It was to much and I’m not that kind of person. My faith humbles me. This didn’t happen over-night, my decision to leave the force. It started with the mirror exercise. I saw I was surrounded by people who weren’t like me. I saw I wasn’t proud to be an officer of the law because I just don’t think that is a profession that should be tolerant of racism and it is. I agree with Jay no public service job so tolerate it at any level or degree. The world is so messed up because so many bad people are in prominent positions of power. To many of the wrong kinds of people are allowed to be placed in positions of power. Trump should never have been president but this is what happens when those like him are allowed to thrive in a society. I’ll say the women who marry them are even worse. I think that has been proven time and time again.

Knowing You 3 years 3 weeks ago #6044

• Justine
  • Premium Member
Another traumatic week. What is happening to our world? Suddenly seems so chaotic.

The mirror activity brought me home to my father, my mother, and away from a horrid grandmother who literally victimized us all. I’m hearing so many horror stories about bad officers. Did you all see the video of what officers did to an Army Lieutenant? I immediately knew if he was white his he would not have been treated that way. It’s pretty deplorable. When will there be real accountability? Why are there so many racist people in positions of power and authority. They enjoy humiliating black people, men and women. Why? It’s overwhelming. The hatred is stifling. I want to move to Mark’s little island get away and forget about the rest of the world.

Some of the things going on, the insurrection, it showed us how deep and entrenched racism is. We can now see how prevalent white privilege. It can no longer denied. That’s a bit hard to take. I honestly can’t see how many people would be able to do the mirror exercise. I can see the evil people now and distance is instant.

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6045

• Jess
Well there’s been another police involved killing and I’m sorry, I don’t think she didn’t know she had her gun and not her mace. I agree, policing needs a complete nationwide, overhaul. It should be torn down and rebuilt. We have got to make sure we do not hire people with any form of racial biases. I just don’t understand how so many people slipped through the cracks and made it into law enforcement if those doing the hiring aren’t themselves racist. This is why racism is systemic, because it is entrenched into the fiber of too many white people in this country. I know for a fact far more people would not be able to do the mirror activity than those who would be able to do it. I see hundreds of patients a year and most of them are literally soulless. It’s frightening. I am all for making or introducing a war of sorts on racism.

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6046

• Vicki
  • Premium Member
I am glad the decided to charge that woman that killed Duante. He was so young, so cute, and I can see why black males run from the police. Look at what they did to that Army Lieutenant. I absolutely couldn’t believe it and I asked myself how much is never caught on camera? It’s like they were angry that he went to a well lit place in front of camera’s and witnesses so they wanted to humiliate him. Why did that anger them? It just seems they had something nefarious in mind. I’m old, I’m tired, and I’m worried about family members who are not white dying at the hands of some white officer I love my black family members but and don’t know how I’d deal with one of them being murdered by a law enforcement officer. I can’t see any congressional republican doing any form of soul searching and it does appear as if karma is finally come home. We certainly know where most republicans stand now so all we can do now is continue to watch the fall out.

Knowing You 3 years 2 weeks ago #6047

• Ryan
  • Premium Member
I think we need to take down or way of policing and start over. The current system was built on slavery. We need a system built on honorability, accountability, responsibility, honesty, all of the morals and virtue I know Michael to have. I’ve seen him deal with potential perpetrators. He knows how to meet them on their level. He is never excessive. They immediately trust him. Where are the officers like this? I know Uncle Mike is federal but still, Adam was good, Marc is good, why do we never here more about the good ones and I don’t want to hear they don’t bring good ratings. Right now we need a dose of good because I’m tired of all these bad ass people who should not be in law enforcement or any form of pubic service. We need to demand better morality from our elected officials. I’m proud of all the men and women in our group who have decided to clean house and discharge all their racist employees especially the ones in positions of authority. Good job Mark, Luke, Jay, and Justin.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Ryan.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds