Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hello November!!

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4746

• Benji
  • Premium Member
This is difficult to hear but it’s good for us to be aware of what this does to a child long-term. Also, what it does to those who witness the abuse of a sibling. Deb and I now know our father made it clear our step-father was not to touch us and he did not. He was mean to us, glaring at us, sometimes refusing to allow us to eat. Let’s just say, I didn’t cry when he was killed. Mom was full of guilt as well. It literally ate her alive. Mason says she has no love for her mother and I have to say, I don’t think I felt love for mine either. I don’t miss her and didn’t feel sad when she died. We don’t talk to her side of the family at all anymore and that’s fine because peace is a good thing. I’m also a withdrawer. I retreat into my special place. It’s a place in my mind that allows me to shutout everything around me, which isn’t a good thing either. I’m just glad it only happens when I’m in a dangerous situation or feel as if things are out of my control. I had to shut out my stepfather beating my brothers and my mother because it was so traumatic.

I understand Mason and Jordan blocking pain because I completely retreat. This is dangerous because if I was crazy, knowing I can retreat and be unaffected by the things around me is uncomfortable. Inside there is fear but externally I am numb.

I’m with TJ about trump, graham, Jordan and all the republicans that help him continue to occupy the White house, a criminal. They are racist and on AM Joy, they were having a discussion that leads to the fact his supporter are racist. It is what binds them and feeds their madness. HATE!!! And the evangelicals tie their racism to their faith, teaching them that wealth is God. Finally they are seeing it. The evangelical’s god is MONEY!!
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Benji.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4747

• Mary
  • Premium Member
We weren’t physically abused but we lived in a house of violence. It’s very traumatizing to watch your mother being abused and pop was abusive toward mom. I understand how PTSD makes you focus on what you can control because that’s what I did. I couldn’t stop pop from hurting mom but I could help her keep the house clean and cook. I just wanted to do everything I could to help. I’m like Mason, I keep my house clean and I prepare all our meals. I totally understand this, I guess we were mentally abused watching what we were forced to watch.

I turn the television off whenever they start talking him or the republicans. I can’t stand that Lindsey Graham. His true colors are coming out after McCain death. All of them are twisted and criminal that’s how it’s so easy for them to support this horrible man. That Haley bitch tries to act so damn righteous, like she cares about this country. If Kelly and Tillerson were disturbed that means this man is dangerous. I can’t stand her. I couldn’t stand her when she was in Louisiana I think the governor or something. She’s a racist, woman and should never have been in congress, hell she shouldn’t have been the governor of a state as far as I’m concerned.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4748

• Brad
  • Premium Member
I wasn’t physically abused but I know what verbal and mental abuse are from firsthand experience. I feel sorry for the family members of all those who have to hear or experienced watching love ones hurt and felt unable to assist or prevent the abuse. I’m learning something about PTSD, how it works. I abused kids survive but they have other health issues associated with stress as well like MS.

I don’t have PTSD but this president, the republicans, and the deplorable people who continue to support a criminal are giving me something that causes great anxiety. I’m very serious. The state of our union is in peril and I can’t believe everyone can’t see that, including his supporters. And the evangelicals do not serve the God who is God. It’s is obvious their god is money. They have been outed and there is no turning back now.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4749

• Loreen
  • Administrator
Mason, your home is lovely and your brother is very proud of you. I know he didn’t intend for the explanation as to why you are this way to turn into what it has turned into, but Mark, it explains how PTSD works in people who suffer from it as a result of child abuse and domestic violence. I don’t know that much about PTSD but I’m glad to have this informative experience in this thread. We always learn her Mark (big smile) and you, whether you like it or not, facilitate our instruction.

I think we have seen so much that makes this administration scary. It’s brought to light White Nationalism and this Qunon mess. This is a mass group of people who believe Bullshit! Racist, hateful bullshit. We found out about The Family. We are seeing how corrupted the republicans in congress are. We see how divided this country is and that divisiveness is being used to break us down from within. At some point this kind of thing has to stop because it is dangerous and destructive.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4750

• Karen
  • Premium Member
Violence always has consequences. Abuse is a very violent thing and I can see how it brings on mental and brain disorders like PTSD and MS. The brain disorders can cause other problems that cause the brain to begin to shut down like dementia and Alzheimer’s. Living in this country right now is too stressful to much toleration of an old hatred is causing it to implode.

I found it stunning to learn how our own hatreds and internal discord was and is being used by foreign countries to divide us and conquer this nation. It is stunning this is not realized, stunning.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4751

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Yes, Mary…she was the Governor of South Carolina for 6 years. She didn’t do that great of a job that’s for damn sure. Understand, Trump didn’t pick any reputably descent people. Every person he picked had tainted pasts. Some of them just couldn’t turn completely over and give into their dark hearts. Nikki Haley is not one of them. She is vile and she will never be able to mask, or hide that character flaw by pretending she is a patriot of this country, and she in any way represents righteousness. She is a liar, and upholds a liar. She didn’t do a damn thing about that man doing extremely horrible, damaging things for our country as a whole but quit and run. Now she wants to pretend she’s loyal and supportive. You see, there is no honor among thieves and she doesn’t give a damn about anybody, except herself, and that includes the current occupant of the White House.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds