Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hello November!!

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4734

• Ashley
  • Premium Member
I am amazed at how well Mason does despite her condition but I agree, the abuse her and the others endured as children is unnerving. I won’t ask questions because it is clearly upsetting for her siblings, and I’m sure the spouses, children, and love ones of all those who were victimized, are struggling with what happened to their family members. My only question is how did it affect parenting for all of you? Mason is wonderful with children but distant with adults to some degree. How did it affect the rest of you?

I’m really disturbed by this whole executive branch of government. All of them are criminal and they are in the most powerful position in this land. That is scary. I just keep wondering if there is anything that can be done with a party protecting him.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4735

• Jordan
Jazze, I don’t know how I coped. I don’t know how I survived before my brother was old enough to intervene. I met Luke when I was seventeen and my brother was struggling to provide so Sir Paul stepped in and picked up the slack. I remember it but I don’t remember how I felt at the time it was happening. It’s like I was out of body looking at it from the ceiling.

Well Ashley, Luke and I don’t have children but I adore them and enjoy our nieces and nephews, and great nieces and nephews. :cheer:

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4736

• Rocky
  • Elite Member
I’m not as affectionate as I probably should be honey. It does make me a little uneasy but I remind myself that the people showing me physical affection genuinely love me.

Jazze I just withdrew into myself. I lived in terror and fear constantly. I think sometimes shock kept me alive. When my uncle stabbed me I couldn’t believe he did that to me. I stumbled out of the house and I remember feeling pain but fear he would stab me again kept me trying to get as far away from the house as I could. It was cold outside. I was eleven and I didn’t know where to go, what to do. I woke up in the hospital and my uncle was arrested. I never lived with him again after that. It was foster care and group homes. It was very stressful and I can’t help but blame my mother. She should not have had me. I am pro choice because I don’t think kids should be brought into the world to be treated so savagely and with such cruelty. She should have had an abortion. I told her that and she shakes her had and cries.

Ashley, I don’t want my kids hurt so like Mason I am extra protective and I do not discipline my girls I live that to their mother. :cheer: I love my kids like I was not loved.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Rocky.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4737

• Kelton
  • Elite Member
Courtney, Courtney, Courtney…I don’t know how you picked up on that, I’ve spent a lifetime masking it. I don’t feel pain either because I had to learn to suffer in silence. Yes, my father was an alcoholic and I was his target. He killed himself and my mother driving drunk but like Rocky, Mason, and Jordan, I blame her for allowing him to do the things he did to me. I don’t mourn them. My sister came to my rescue so I loved her. When she turned on me I turned off. I’m on some again but not for her, never again. Yes, I too was a severely abused kid. Broken fingers, wrist, arms, and ankle. All before I was ten.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4738

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Jazze, it’s stressful. I watch The Good Doctor too and Dr. Brown dealt with a bipolar mother who finally killed herself drinking and driving. You live on pins and needles because you never know what will trigger them. My mother didn’t do it herself she had husbands that gladly abused her kids. She was verbally abusive but she left the physical stuff to them. I started running at 14 and was all the way out of her house for long periods of time by the age of 15 almost sixteen. She always sent the authorities for me and would cry when I said I wanted to stay in the group homes they would take me to. But at that point I hated her and was not affected by her tears. I don’t love my mother to this day. I don’t wish her no ill but I do not feel love which is better than the hatred I felt for many many years. I think now I’m just indifferent now honestly.

Ashley, I didn’t want anything to happen to my kids, no abuse, not verbal or physical. I stayed single for a long time. I didn’t tolerate unkindness, I let a boyfriend go when he spoke harshly to my daughter. I dropped him off with his things and told him we would never see or speak to each other again. When he asked why, I told him I hard how he spoke to my child and he would never speak to her or another child of mine in that fashion. My children had very little contact with my mother or her current husband, I didn’t want them to every be hurt by her or her husbands fowl mouth as some of her other grandchildren had been. I made it clear he was not to hit my children when he started hitting them over some watermelon. He did not have permission to discipline my children. I was guarded, protective, and struggled with disciplining constantly.

Rocky, he stabbed you?

OMG!!! Kelton. I had a feeling but I wasn’t sure. I hate being right sometimes.

Hello November!! 4 years 5 months ago #4739

• TJ
  • Premium Member
Well Kendra, I remember the fear most and it makes me feel sick and my hands start shaking.

Emily, I can show affection when I need to but I have to be sure it’s welcome.

Jazze, I…I did not deal with it well. It was traumatizing but my mother was also a victim. I remember the pain to this day. I remember the fear. I remember the stress and constant worry about whether I would live or die, eat be able to sleep, be able to go to school or forced to spend a day in the house with my abuser getting drunk and more violent. I remembered hiding in closets hoping I wasn’t found and wishing I was invisible. I have PTSD and I get nervous easily. I do not like chaos. I do not like police because they did nothing to protect me even when they were called and knew.

On that note, I’m pissed that this man is committing crimes, admitting to them, and where the hell are the police? I want to see justice and impeachment is not enough.

Ash…I love the hell out of my kiddos because I don’t want a day to go by that they don’t know their dad loves them and will never hurt them or allow anyone else to hurt them in my presences.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds