Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: I'll Pray For You!

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 2 weeks ago #3984

• Linden
  • Premium Member
You know, the thought of not having a home is something I allowed myself to think about for a moment. Just a moment. That is devastating! I can’t imagine living in my car. As nice as it is I would not want to be forced to live in it by myself much less with my entire family. With that said, none of us should be all right knowing this is going on. All we have to do is imagine we are dealing with some of these things so many people are dealing with in their lives. Manafort said his wife needed him so he begged for leniency when he was sentenced for his crimes. There is no question black mothers need black incarcerated fathers but this is never, NEVER taken into consideration when judges throw the book and black defendants. I didn’t realize how bad the law leans negatively, on black people until Michael Brown, Eric Gardner, Tyrce Rice, Travon Martin and all the black men and women we watched murdered before our eyes by law enforcement officers. We watched their children crying, saw how traumatized their families are over how their loved ones were taken from them. Law Enforcement. We saw it and all I could do through it all was wonder about all the horrors we have not seen. What did the do to Sandra Bland? It just bothers me to think about it. I guess because I am a part of the 5%. I can’t simply push what I have seen happening aside. I am a form supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement as world wide people where outraged about what happened to Michael Brown. The world was horrified by what they witnessed happening here in the United States. I’m not an economist but Justin, it’s not hard to see, the economy is not good for the majority of Americans and if anyone can think it is when we have the things going on that are going on in this country, they are a fool.

I will gladly uphold the 5% of humanity as they go forth and try to pave the way for all those who are unable to stand up for themselves because of a system designed to hold them down and enslaved to the condition of poverty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 2 weeks ago #3985

• Vicki
  • Premium Member
Amen Kelton. I am glad to be a part of a movement that focuses on humanitarianism because as a nurse, a person who has devoted my life to assisting people as they strive to remain in good health, I am very interested in all the factors that contribute to this country’s serious health issues. There is too much stress, especially in the black community. As a nurse I can say most of the black patients I have treated, and I am a Nurse Practitioner, which means I’m close to a physician, the things I treat most of my black patients for are stress related and/or caused. The suffer and combat issues we as white Americans never face. In fact, we don’t even know this kind of horrid disparities exist.

I am finally with a wonderful man whom I can relate to and who shares my deep concern for the mental and physical well being of people. I will continue to contribute in any and all ways I am able, to the cause that our board heads have taken on in an attempt to ease the pain so many are suffering with due to the hateful behavior shown by the current administration and those who support them. Hilary was right, he is deplorable and so are all those who continue to support him.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3986

• Benji
  • Premium Member
Oh man, I know how Roscoe felt Kay. I have to keep my distance to this day from Jay, he makes me feel a way I don’t need to be feeling about a man.

For a while I was against reparations but I guess it would be nice to get a little jump financially. We need to be able to get up on our feet financially and a little real help would be nice. I’d rather have the forty acres actually. It would just be nice to have a little piece of mine. And it should be tax free, no property taxes and crap. We need and deserve a stake in this country that we and our ancestors have helped shape. We have no foothold in a country we call home. We are imprisoned, disregarded on every level, given the scraps as we and our ancestors have always been given, and getting static for the scrapes we are thrown. Food stamps, they don’t give people enough money for food in this country and Mark laid out how only 36 tax dollars a year per household goes into the food stamp program, but the act as if they are doing so damn much. What they give does not adequately feed those who receive food stamps. It leads to total unhealthy eating which contributes to the poor health many black people suffer with, and now they want to take away medical benefits. It just seems this country would run smoother if people had adequate access to nutrition. This would cut down on some of the health problems we face. Mason is right, it’s about being humane plain and simple and never have I seen a more inhumane administration in my life time, as we are dealing with right now. I want to say that Mark and the board heads do not only deal with homelessness, the deal with health issues, food issues, and of course education. Mark is getting to the core of what is needed for our communities to be successful. Yes I remain in prayer for strength as the go forward with their fight to create a more humane world for us to live in. Thank you to all those who work with our group leader, many of us will never be able to express how thankful we truly are.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3987

• Jay
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
:cheer: I just don’t know what they saw in that man.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Jay.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3988

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
I don’t either Jay What’s the fuss about? Jay Jay Jay Jay ….

Benji now you’re talking. That would be wonderful for so many black people. To have something that belongs to them, something valuable. I like what you said young man?. :)
Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Mason.

I'll Pray For You! 5 years 1 week ago #3989

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Jay…Jay….Jay…Can you imagine what a difference that would make, how that would change the dynamics for black people. Jay…Jay…Jay…

Folks, wife, I am as strong as the people who work beside me to tackle the many issues so many of our fellow humans are dealing with. Thank you for your prayers, they are working and in saying that, all of you do your part to assist us in our quest to assist those who need it most. Jay….Jay….Jay…
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds