Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: 2017 Years Reflection

2017 Years Reflection 6 years 4 months ago #2260

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
This has been a year of varying learning and discovery experiences. We learned quiet a bit about our world, or society, and how it functions on the surface and behind the scenes. It was disturbing, most of it. But...forearmed is forewarned. All of us have been affected in some way, by the obscure messages embedded in almost every obvious message we see and it clearly has a impact on shaping our values. I for one was glad to have it brought to the surface because I know am much more selective about what I allow my sub-conscious to be exposed to. I trust we all are after all we've learned this year.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017 Years Reflection 6 years 4 months ago #2261

• Kendra
  • Premium Member
Wow the school page is up!!! :cheer: :cheer: It looks great Mason.

OMG ladies, I just get so emotional when I try to breath in all that the Most High has allowed me to be blessed with. I just have to praise him folks bear with me. There are so many hidden messages but the one that makes black women feel like they aren’t good enough is what stands out for me. Yes I am damnit, I guess that is the reality in these trying times. Black Women Are Valued and We Are GOOD Enough!!!!
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Kendra.

2017 Years Reflection 6 years 4 months ago #2262

• Justine
  • Premium Member
Ebony I know how you feel. I’m so happy with my husband I feel like I landed on a pot of gold and not just financially. Adam’s love for me is priceless and I hope he knows how much I love him. My love for him has nothing to do with money and I’m sick of that message in our society. It’s the one that stands out most for me and the idea that God is a man and that makes men better than women. I’m a little tired of the idea or perception that men can do no wrong. I’m real upset with men like Moore who claim to be so God fearing and lovers of God. How long will we allow ourselves to look away from men like this? How long will society paint a picture that their behavior is acceptable when it’s not?

2017 Years Reflection 6 years 4 months ago #2263

• Justin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Looks great Mason. :cheer:

Baby I’m the lucky one, and do you know how many relationships that subliminal message ends before they get started? I know some men aren’t up to paying a fortune for a wedding ring and most women expect that. The female’s family doesn’t help either, pressuring them to expect a real expensive ring and telling them if the fella loves her he will show her when he asks her to marry him. Sometimes the family is the biggest problem, family and friends. I think all of these type secondary forms of messaging are doing more harm in our society than good. It would be nice if they had some positive messages. I guess in today’s world we should expect anything that’s too much like right.

2017 Years Reflection 6 years 4 months ago #2264

• Jazze
  • Premium Member
With all that we have learned this year I have to say I see people way more clearly and I have walked away from a tone of friendships this year. I see the racism in some of my female college friends. I know some of them have done very mean things to women of color. Their conversation is sickening and I stopped enjoying their company. A few still reach out to me but I tell them I’m married now and things have changed for me. Man have they changed and although I’m glad my eyes are open it scares me and makes me feel like a stranger in a foreign land unless I’m with those who share my faith and who I know love and understand me.

2017 Years Reflection 6 years 4 months ago #2265

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I think all the subliminal messages about woman and their role contributes to all the sexual harassment coming to the surface. Remember the Carl’s Junior commercials? This idea sex sells. For men it does for women it cast us in a negative late, turning us into sexual objects instead of human beings. In fact there is very little in the way of advertisement and media outlets that portray women in productive ways.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds