Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hybrid Workforce

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8025

• Darla
I’m a federal employee and we are hybrid. We go into the office twice a week and we are not micromanaged. I like it because it is absolutely less stressful. I remember punching clocks or signing into my PC at work which logged me in for the day. I like how stress-free working is now. I personally didn’t like the office gossip that was so prevalent. I think there are so many other ways to socialize than going into a place to work. I do enjoy seeing some of my co-workers on the days I go into the office and I think the limited time we spend together makes us all way more productive. Those are a couple more good reasons I think hybrid and working from home are good changes in how things are trending in our society.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8026

• Vince
I do not have to go into the office all the time either. I will simplify what I do. I read and help design structures, I’m an engineer. I’m also close to retirement. I think working from home is good if people can make the adjustment and remain productive. We have had a couple experiences with those who don’t adjust well to working outside of a place of employment. They simply would not do what they were supposed to be doing and we had to let them go. It let’s you know what kind of people they would be in the workplace. I think it can be enlightening. I guess I don’t see a danger in shifting to hybrid and work from home forms of employment. It seems to have way more good beneficial qualities so it’s a good thing to me.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8027

• Mia
I entered codes in a work from home job and I hated it. They watched everything. To me it was worse than just going to work. They told me when to go on break, when to come back, when I was taking to long on something, it was so micro managed it was irritating. I quit without notice. I don’t want someone doing that to me. I think it’s one of those AI things too because it was way to precise to be a person. I guess it depends on who you’re working for and what type of job you are doing. If I can find a job that isn’t micromanaged if I work from home I’d try that again but if not, I’ll just go into work thank you.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8028

• Brice
  • Premium Member
I have one of those jobs that can’t be done from home but I don’t think working from home is a bad thing. I’m hoping my wife can find something like that soon because we have two small children and I’d like for her to be able to stay home with them. So, if anyone has any suggestions, we are open to the help. She does data entry type work. It would save us money in gas and worry about who is caring for our children while we are at work.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8029

• lindsey
  • Premium Member
I don’t work from home either but I’d love to. I can’t in the industry I’m in, I in the medical field so I have to go into work. I am actually a general practitioner like Jordan. In fact, I have taken on many of his duties, working on Mark’s island. So many people didn’t know that but yes I’m a medical doctor. I’m all for anything that relieves stress. Stress is deadly and it’s very high for many people these days. I think the benefits of hybrid and work from home far outweigh any negatives this can cause so I’m all for it as well.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8030

• Aaron
  • Premium Member
I do work from home while the wife goes out. I’m Mr. Mom lol. I love it. I do work for a company my grandfather founded and owned, I just do more of the coding and purchasing. I love it, I’m all for it, it’s win win if you ask me. It allows us to live happy lives spend time with our kids, everything. I love it. It’s the best trend for the future I have witnessed.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds