Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hybrid Workforce

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8019

• Luke
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I can work from home or go into the office and I do both. I guess that makes me hybrid right? For me, it works because like my sister I have MS and there are days when being in the office just isn’t a good idea. I like that I am able to be flexible and decide when I feel up to being in the office or maybe staying at home. MS is funny, some days your good and some days wooo you’re not. When I’m in the office I do enjoy the social aspect of going into work. We have electric vehicles and that is a relief. Jay, I agree with the restaurant idea, I’ll pay for delivery to my home, in fact, I often do. There are ways to adjust I think and if that’s what the world is going to than we need only adjust.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8020

• Trinity
Being a new mom, I want to work from home when I go back to work but I’m a nurse so that will not be possible. I do think it is a good trend and they republicans don’t like it because they can’t make money off of people. The republicans are about making the average American suffer in any way they can as long as it fills their pockets. They cave to the lobbyist working for big businesses making laws that insure they continue to make money of we the people. This is gas companies and insurance companies of all type. When it is all said and done, working hybrid or working from home is going to do nothing but benefit our society. The reason they want to fight it now is because they need time to come up with a way to make money from people working hybrid or from home. Change is just kicking them in the ass going and coming these days.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8021

• Rod
  • Elite Member
I work from home and have for years. My office is in area of my home designed for the business I am in. My clients come to me entering through the business entrance so I’m all for work from home if we can. I like how Luke says hybrid work is working out well for him. It can be the healthy balance everyone needs. I think the hybrid approach will be the best one, this way no industry is to heavily impacted by the shift in work practices. It needs to be a win win situation where no one is suffering greatly. Greed is what keeps living life so stressful for many people. We have to get control of our greedy natures but, that’s not likely to happen for to many people. So, those of us who are not greedy have to fight back in the ways available to us. It is our statement, our voice.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8022

• Kendra
  • Premium Member
I personally thing the only people who don’t like hybrid and work from home are the industries that are being impacted. I think there are planet of things road construction workers can do to keep them busy. We need to repair our infrastructure. Bridges are falling all the time. This would be perfect as they can devote all their time to taking care of things that have been neglected for too long.

Childcare, too much happens in those centers and my kids are healthy yaaaa.

I still go to my favorite places to eat and they are pretty packed. I think they’ll be fine. We all have to get in where we fit in and make the adjustments change often calls for.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8023

• Rocky
  • Elite Member
I’m one of those who leaves the home for work I’m in security. My wife works from home and it is very useful for us. I do have or know people who don’t like it. They say they are watched to closely and their time is monitored. It’s not easy, I guess they clock your computer key strokes and call times if you are making calls. But didn’t they do that in the office? The only thing about going into a workplace is the social aspect of it. If people can do without that, hybrid and work from home is a very good thing on many levels.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8024

• Emily
  • Administrator
I work from home and I love it. I can be home with my kiddos and I’m not a people person. I don’t miss the office gossip and the peer or group mess. We are too clannish and it leads to bulling even in the workplace. I don’t miss the negative aspect of going to work away from home. I don’t miss the traffic, and we also have an electric vehicle for Rocky because he doesn’t work from home. I guess I’m all for the hybrid or work from home concept because it has been the right thing for me and my family.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds