Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hybrid Workforce

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8013

• Braxton
We are expecting a baby. I work outside the home as well but Alyson works from home. It works very well for us because we are expecting our first child. I’m like Rye, I was already used to the idea even before covid. I can’t see how it would be a huge negative. We also have electric cars because I’m sick of the gas situation. I can charge it at work and I have a special charger o both sides of our garage. I think it’s a pretty good concept.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8014

• Alyson
I think working from home isn’t for everybody. It’s not always easy and it depends on what you’re doing. Some companies are going out of their way to make suer you’re actually working and its not that bad when you are in the office. I’d say it depends on what type of job and the company you work for. I’m fortunate because I log on and do what I need to do, go on regular breaks, and take an hour for lunch. I get breaks now when you go to the office sometimes you work through your breaks. I’m fortunate I guess but I know other people who hate it for the reasons I listed above.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8015

• Ebony
  • Elite Member
Hmmm I don’t like it. I like going to work. I don’t want to be stuck in my house all the time. I want to get out and get some fresh air. Sometimes going to work helps you appreciate having a home to come back to. I teach in one of our schools and I love it. I like going into work every day because I look forward to greeting the little ones and spending the day helping them learn. :cheer:

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8016

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I am back to work full-time cooking on the island where I have moved. I run a restaurant there with Carmine so I’m not in an industry that allows me to work from home. I’m actually in one that would be negatively impacted if everyone starts working from home. Right now business is good because of the resort area here. But I can imagine how hard this is for the small restaurants that depend on people stopping in on their lunch hour. As for gas, we have also gone electric. I’m sick of the gas prices I really am. I’m glad to be out of the states as well. I think this has good and bad implications equally.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8017

• Marc
  • Premium Member
I’m not in an industry that allows me to work from home either but I can see how it would benefit many people in today’s day to day life. Everything is too expensive and people have to cut corners where they can. I support it and see it as a thumbs up. I think it’s time for those industries this affects negatively, to come up with ways to stay afloat. Change happens, we have to change with the times. It’s life.

Hybrid Workforce 10 months 1 week ago #8018

• Jay
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I leave the house for work to doing many things these days. I kind of agree with Jackee, I think it’s been real hard on some businesses that rely on people coming in to work. I also think it’s time we did start taking some money out of the hands of big oil and insurance companies. If people are driving less their care insurance goes down as well. I do think the good outweighs the bad though because the rising cost of oil and insurance is a major factor. If people can put more money in their pockets instead of making these two industries wealthier that’s a great thing. They have caused enough suffering.

As for the restaurants, have an order out menu and deliver food to people working from home. With the extra money people save from paying less for gas, daycare, and insurance they’ll gladly continue to eat food from their favorite restaurants for lunch.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds