Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: May Meeting events

May Meeting events 11 months 3 days ago #7941

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
We lost and buried Nico in May, he died in the same month in which he was born. Nico suffered with cancer for many years. He kept this hidden from us, not to avoid being treated, but because he was doing all he could to beat and overcome it. when he realized there was nothing more that could be done and he thought about parting from his wife, the love of his life, and their children, as well as the rest of his close-net family members, dementia set in. My pop, Caleb, and his mother visited him while in an Italian hospital and he came to his senses and requested to travel back to the States and die at the ranch in AZ. We granted that request. He passed peacefully on May 18th almost two weeks after his 69rh birthday which is May 4th. He is free from the horrors of this journey that literally are growing every day. The family thanks all of you for your warm sympathy and support.

Let us not forget the passing of Dr. Jess who passed exactly a month before Nico. We know they have gone on to a better life, starting a new journey. We will all take that great step on day. Let us do it was as much dignity as those gone before us have shown.

We discussed a few topics during the meeting typically how easy it is for all races to murder black people. What is up with Mexican or Latino racist joining white supremacist in their terrorist tactics? It is as baffling as black republicans. Let's keep the conversation going here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

May Meeting events 10 months 4 weeks ago #7942

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I want to first thank everyone for all of the love and support you have shown my family during this difficult time. I can’t tell you how much we appreciate it. Nico passed out of this life peacefully and in no more pain. Although we are sad that he has moved on, we are also joyful that he is finally without pain.

It is times like these that we learn who are true friends are and I really have to say, Gnostic family, you are true and I am reassured we are on the right path during this journey. Yes, we are left behind to deal with Trump and the Maga republicans so let’s go there for a minute. Is it just me are do you all detect a little sugar in DeSantis tank? He has some hostilities that are really misplaced and you have to wonder why. I think somebody needs to waltz on out of the closet and be true to what he is. I’m just saying. Nico had one last laugh when I whispered it to him and he nodded and arched an eyebrow, something he always did when he was pondering if he agreed with something. When I told him he knew I was right he actually laughed and nodded. I had to have one last heart to heart with my brother and I’m so glad I was able to make him laugh.

Thanks again everyone. :)

May Meeting events 10 months 4 weeks ago #7943

• Wesley
Watching Mike and Nico in uncle Nico’s final days was very enjoyable. Uncle Mike kept a smile on Uncle Nico’s face. Uncle Nico kept reaching for his hand and Uncle Mike knew what he was trying to get him to understand. He promised him he would take everything and Uncle Nico was clearly relieved. He passed at peace and that’s the way we all want to leave this life. Aunt Jackee, Mimi, Alyson, Dimitri your father was a great man, funny and warm spirited. Please know we are here for you in anyway we can to help you through this. I know it’s not easy.

Uncle Mike, I agree with you too. Something has to be eating at that man because he’s just mean for no damn reason. He’s combative with everybody and I know things are not that great in that marriage. That can’t be. He’s to hostile toward everyone and I know that carries into his home life. He is ruining Florida but he’s not doing it alone. All of the republicans in the Florida legislature have an equal part in what is going on. I don’t know how long it will take the state to recover after they are gone. I don’t know if it will be able to recover. I just know it is not a place I want to be any time soon.

May Meeting events 10 months 4 weeks ago #7944

• Mimi
Thank you, Uncle Mike, I agree Wesley, Uncle Mike and Mark helped make this loss a lot easier for us in the final days. But Dad prepared us for it months ago. When he left the forum he set us down and told us he was dying. He didn’t want us to be surprised and he told us what he was leaving each one of us. He said he wanted no fighting about it and we assured hi there would be none. So, we were all prepared in a way. It doesn’t take the sting out of the loss but we had time to prepare. We watched his favorite movies with him. “Tombstone” and “Nobody’s Fool”. We went to his favorite restaurant while he was able. We took a ride on the yacht, he fished. We spent quality time with him, which is why he told us. He wanted our final memories of him on Earth to be good, lasting memories and we took lots of photos. Mom was strong until the end and I’m so glad Mason, Ebony, Ashley, and Aunt Mary were there because Aunt Vic is really grieving right now as well. I don’t think she had as much time to prepare as we did and again, although we had that time, the loss is still difficult. It is time for us to be there for mom, she has lost the love of her life and it is not easy for her.

May Meeting events 10 months 4 weeks ago #7945

• Rye
I will definitely miss pop Nico. He gave me the best advice. He was funny, a good listener, and very helpful when I needed it most. I remember losing my dad at a really young age and then my mom. Pop Nico and Mom Jackee were wonderful, helping Godmother Mason and Godfather Mike raise us and doing a great job. We wanted for nothing and I know my parents smiled down on then and appreciated them taking on such a big responsibility. I hope pop Nico sees my parents and tells them we miss and love them and we are doing fine. Well reassures them. I was ten when my father passed away and twelve when my mother passed. I remember them both and never doubted how much they loved us. My dad kind of did the same thing as Pop Nico, he told us he was dying so we were somewhat prepared for it, but mom never really accepted it and when she had the stroke before dad passed he was so worried about us kids. Our godparents assured him the were prepared to step in and it gave him peace as he completely trusted them. Sometimes, two people are so joined, one just can’t live without the other. I think Aunt Vicki is very strong and I know she is struggling to go on in this life without Dr. Jess. We just have to be there for her and keep her and Mom Jackee uplifted so they can move forward as best they can.
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Rye.

May Meeting events 10 months 4 weeks ago #7946

• Braxton
Me and my wife now have so much in common. Like my brother said, we were young when our parents left us. I was thirteen when dad died and fifteen when mom passed away. But mom was sick before dad passed away. The stroke left her paralyzed and she never fully recovered from it. Mason, do you think Jamie Foxx has a stroke? There are rumors and the such. I just wondered if that’s what happened. Anyway, I struggle with death, and I’m reminded of how hard a time Courtney always gave my parents. I think I forgive her but it’s hard to forget. I’m glad my wife doesn’t feel like anyone contributed to the death of her father because it makes the passing of a parent that much harder when you know someone was so hard to deal with while they were alive.
Godpop, I agree with you about DeSantis. I had to sell the house in Florida because I will never live there. I know it was in the family for years and I hope dad understands. Between the weather and the politics, I just don’t think it’s a place I want to ever live. I also don’t want to go down and board up the place every time there’s a hurricane. Then go pay a fortune to make constant repairs. It’s just to much of a headache if you ask me and the politics in that state was the icing on the cake for me. I don’t want to live in a place where Donald Trump lives either and the house is not fare from where his place. Nothing about that state is appealing to me so there was no reason to keep the house there.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds