Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Science and Technology

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7934

• Niobi
The whole idea is scary. I feel more comfort if there was Virgil and Ancients because man show everyday how savage they be and I fear out of control human more than anything. I don’t think AI made by human is good idea but it is to be. It is already done. I just hold breath and pray.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7935

• Chris
  • Elite Member
Okay…I’m behind on my reading I’m about to get back too it now. This sounds intense. I agree with the reasons why we as humans are not qualified to be developing anything that might have a life of its own. We just don’t have the type of good positive skills needed to successfully transfer the kind of kindness, empathy such a life form would need in order to not launch an all-out attack on humanity.

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7936

• Justine
  • Premium Member
I agree Mark. I’m reading the saga now and I feel Louis’ pain. He’s doing all he can to convince his family he is not dangerous and when a danger arises everyone looks to Louis to figure it out. That’s how smart he is. I can see him reading and I just want to kiss him and tell him thanks. I don’t find Mother scary at all, I am relieved her and the Companions, and the Warriors, who are scary, are what keeps humanity safe. Humans don’t even care about keeping other humans in suitable housing, with enough food, with anything that resembles being humane. All they care about is money and that will always prevent many from having in kind of compassion. So, hell no, AI would not be a good thing or is not a good thing being developed by humans and that’s all there is too it.

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7937

• Ryan
  • Premium Member
I agree with Kelton about the Ancients being scary, but I also agree with Mark, Louis has a lot of pressure. I haven’t gotten to the part where he almost dies but he is sucking down that cola right now. He’s cool most of the time Louis is really complex. Self-defense in them is scary, that’s what’s scary. Not them so much, the self-defense that surrounds them. I think they are really complex beings and if an intelligent AI unit is developed we need superior beings, real ones, to deal with the consequences if they don’t turn out favorable as a result of giving this thing life.

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7938

• Lydia
  • Premium Member
I love Louis. Every time he shows up, I get happy. I like Narcus AKA Poseidon too. I love the way he breaks down scripture and explains how humans misinterpreted the versus all the time. I think they are qualified to start a new life form but man needs to stick to making only other humans. That’s about all the responsibility we can stand.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds