Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Science and Technology

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7927

• Mary
  • Premium Member
I absolutely think they have already done this. Humanity makes me sick as hell that’s my comment right now Mark. This is yet again another situation that they won’t know how to control when the shit hits the fan. Once again, they have come up with some shit above their damn head because they thing they are so damn smart. Smarts without morals is dumb DUMB!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7928

• Deb
  • Elite Member
It does make you wonder why there are so many UFO sitings around the world. I’m starting to feel like they are here monitoring us. They will step in when they absolutely have to. We are an intelligent species and they anticipated us learning how do develop this kind of technology and they know we aren’t ready for this kind of stuff. And there is also the possibility that they are assisting with it and will be the reason any kind of AI intelligence will have a sense of morals based on the imprint of an alien species.

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7929

• Benji
  • Premium Member
Oooh yeah this is a wrap. They have already crossed that bridge and like Mark said, it has already told them it would exterminate us. That is a given. It was honest. It is logic based. Humans are so far from being logical it’s not funny. They created something that knows humans are a danger them themselves and the planet and should be exterminated. What does that tell us about our species? The aliens visiting aren’t jumping up and down to greet and meet us either. I’m going to agree, they are here to make sure we don’t go to far because like my wife says, smarts needs to be coupled with morality, and a slice of civility, we are missing the moral and civil parts of the equation.

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7930

• Kelton
  • Elite Member
Well, this is the root of the strike in Hollywood, with the writers. It’s AI doing all the things humans once did. You the new the animated movies like hum “Bewolf” is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, AI is taking over with writing acting and production. It’s technology and it’s putting people out or work. What happens when AI says it can replace humans with a better version of human. There are so many problems with this concept. I’m going to be honest Mother scared me in UE and so did the Ancients. They were powerful, fast, and indestructible. They could think you dead folks. Just cause you to go into immediate cardiac arrest.

Louis could put you together as easily as he could take you apart. They could reverse bullets, sending the bullets back to the weapon that fired them. They have a separate part of them, that functions independently, that is self-defense. I don’t know how many of you are watching Shadow and Stone on Netflix. That bad one that controls the black fog bank…Louis is scary like him. I think his name is Alexander. He’s lived a long time and he went from being good too being bad. Self-defense in the Ancients operates independently. Throwing you miles away if you approach them in a hostile way. It will even shut them down, kill them if it feels the body is failing. Loius’ self-defense because it was shutting him down. Only Nemesis could hold it. Imagine an invisible force wrapped around a person with a mind of it’s own. True it’s only activated when the body is in danger, and you’ll have to read to find out how Louis almost died, but just imagining them, and Devon, the triplets OMG, talking terrifying! Devon, Tevon, and Kevon. Tevon was funny, Kevon was sweet and quiet, but Devon, scary. The three of them make one and guess what one that would be?

Just imagine if Louis was like Alexander in “Shadow and Bone”. Louis would be worse than any AI. That is why the companions and Mother respect him, all of the Ancients. Because the Ancients can shut them down with a thought. Apollo aka Louis in UE, was feared by even his family. He is beautiful and that is why he is sometimes associated with evil, the Devil.

My point is, Mother is tempered because she knows she can be shut down by something far more powerful than herself. It is frightening. I wouldn’t want Mother to come to life unless the Ancients accompany her to keep her tempered. So, look, all of it is scares me. I admired the Ancients in UE and I had great reverence of the power associated with them. I admired their temperance. Virgil, his was scary but there was never any doubt about him and even he was guarded with Louis, as they all were. I found myself constantly wondering what it felt like to be him. His father, Sal, he respected Sal and Sal demanded it of him. He was hard on him and I’m glad he was. He cut him no slack, loving him but remaining very firm with him. Keeping him grounded, giving him purpose and never allowing him to be Idle. Except he rebelled and almost killed himself. It’s just a story that is very compelling, unnerving as it makes you aware of how vulnerable we are

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7931

• Rhena
  • Premium Member
Kelton, I think it is scary to think about the power just on of them has. But what comforts me is their awareness of the Most High at all times. They struggle to be patient with humanity but Virgil does not. He demands accountability. He hears no excuses. He makes people acknowledge their guilt as the Ancients can look into your eye and see the truth. They can also transmit that truth or project the truth on a white screen for all to see. Lying is out the window when an Ancient is present. We don’t have the ability to give a manmade AI nor do we have the ability to instill fear in an AI unit or reverence in this highly technical type of system. But, yes arrogance is what pushes the humans pursuit of development of this kind of technology and that has always been Humanities biggest flaw.

Science and Technology 11 months 3 weeks ago #7932

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Kelton…thank you for opening this discussion up. Yes, Louis aka Apollo, had an ability that could be scary he was also very vulnerable. Apollo is very loving and the fear of him is hard for him to live with. He had no desire to be or do evil. I watch Shadow and Bone as well, and it is a human quality that feels the need. In the end, only a human would come up with a character like the one in Shadow and Stone. Humans thrive on needed evil to entertain them, keep this amused, keep them interested. They don’t try doing the right thing because there are no MORALS in them Kelton. It is the opposite with the Ancients. They have reverence for the all might whom controls them. When it is all said and done. God is the one who sits on the ultimate throne and all of us are in the service of the Most High, even the ancients, as powerful as they are. Devon was so powerful because of who he is, and he had the power to shut all of them down, so they feared him as the humans should have fear of the Ancients. Arrogance is the problem. Humans arrogantly wanted to control the Ancients, and in order to spare their lives, the Ancients hid themselves to protect them. Louis was so sweet. They ugliness drove him down a road of self-destruction. I felt the burden being him was on him. I feel that burden sometimes. Everyone looks to me to fix things. I’m used to it but it’s heavy. Try to see it that way. I agree there is the knowledge there is something bigger than yourself so there is reverence, but that’s as it should be. Whatever feeds into ones temperance. If it isn’t fix, don’t break it.

Virgil is the scary one. He doesn’t have much patience and he is not afraid of Louis at all. Virgil fears nothing, he was born fearless. Virgil and Mother are what is needed.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds