Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Science and Technology

Science and Technology 1 year 1 week ago #7871

• Val
  • Premium Member
Ebony girl, see now you made this even scarier. Oh lord. This is so not good. What if some male chauvinist is the developer? See humans as a species harbor to much hate. This is not something we should have a hand in developing. It’s a new life form and we don’t need to take part in that. It’s over our heads. People need to get in where they fit in and that’s not in creating new life forms.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Science and Technology 1 year 1 week ago #7873

• Justin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I honestly believe this would be the straw that breaks the camels back. Man will have finally come up with a way to destroy themselves. They came up with the nuclear bomb, not this. Yeah…this would be the end friends. Mother if you’re out there I hope your watching. You’re the only one who will be able to stop this once it’s started. They are building it for defense (aka war) purposes too. Yep that shit is bound to backfire.

Science and Technology 1 year 1 week ago #7875

• Shawn
  • Premium Member
I am so concerned about this. It’s just too much. Why do rich people do too much? There are so many things that are in our proverbial lane. Why can’t we work on this kind of stuff? I swear, give me a break. Mother I really hope you are out there because this is insane.

Science and Technology 1 year 1 week ago #7876

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm going to open by telling everyone Nico, is in a special hospital as he suddenly took a turn for the worse just as we were planning to visit our home in the United States. He may not recover enough to return home as his memory has been slipping for quiet some time. He has Alzheimer's and it is progressed. Vicki is at the Ranch with Michael and Mary and Ben are on their way to Italy to assist me with Nico. Time is marching on folks. I remember when we were all so much younger and full of life. Nico is the love of my life and I'm doing my best prepare for moving forward without him beside me.

Mark, man or humans aren't going to stop until they get something started they won't be able to control. They have a false sense of ability to control. If an AI system becomes self aware they will lose all control of it period I don't care what mechanisms they put in place to try and prevent it from happening. China is tampering to much with this as well, it's not just the US. I think this will quickly get out of control and like Ebony said, become something as ugly as man so often is. I’d like to say it was the area they did the test of racism in. But it doesn’t matter where this happened, the fact is there were a lot of people and none of them stopped to help the little black girl but they rushed to the aid of the little white girl with blond hair. It’s unrealistic to think any form AI man has a hand in will not pick up on this trait of hate for a minority and respond accordingly.

Science and Technology 1 year 1 week ago #7878

• Barb
  • Premium Member
Jackee, both Doug and I are so sorry to hear this news. We will make arrangements to come see you and offer all the assistance we can.

Try though I might I can’t see one good thing coming out of humans coming up with something like AI for any reason. This species is too UN-evolved to try and develop and type of AI, but they will see. Unfortunately, will all see what a disaster this is going to be but try telling them that. I guess we have to just buckle up and get ready for this very dangerous ride.

Science and Technology 1 year 1 week ago #7879

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Jackie, I’m trying not to think about it but I am sixty and that’s all there is too it. We are getting older. Sometimes I feel it, and sometimes I don’t. I’m very sad these days, Jess is gone, Vic is so sad and just listless. Now Nico is deteriorating as well. Carmine is on his way as Mike is here with Vic. Jess was the love of her life and sometimes the heart can be so broken it struggles to recover. Hang in there and stay strong. We love you, our prayers are with you, and folks, Nico has been sick for some time now. Jess took me by surprise but Nico, he’s had several brushed with serious health issues in recent years and today is his birthday.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds