Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Accountability

Accountability 1 year 5 months ago #7505

• Mary
  • Premium Member
Mark…I love you. I also agree Rhena this is behavior. I’ll say I also didn’t heed the voice of caution that told me to not marry my first husband. I wanted to be married so bad. I was getting older, all my friends were married and despite having a bad feeling about Andy, I agreed to marry him anyway. It was the beginning of a long, painful in many ways, road that lasted far too long. I only had myself to blame because I had all the warnings anyone should need to make a better decision. None of my friends were in good happy marriages, none. I should have paid attention to that but women get far too caught up with this notion that they have to be married, especially by a certain age. Some times our social and cultural belief, influences our behaviors and even though we may have the best intention, if the decision is wrong, we alone are accountable for that bad decision.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Accountability 1 year 5 months ago #7506

• Brad
  • Premium Member
Mary, I have to admit I made the same mistake. I married the first time for the wrong reason. Everyone else was getting married so I felt I was missing out. The men were going to start looking at me funny. I just felt pressured to marry and start a family and I didn’t marry the right person. I was glad for my faith, because it helped me to do a better job this time around and I’m so much better off for it. Sometimes cultural and religious believe negative affect our behavior because my decision to marry outside my race wasn’t taken favorably among some of our distant relatives and co-workers. But I choose to put my faith first and I’m glad I did. So, the way we behave does make us either happily living rewarding lives or angry living lives filled with accountability. Great article Mark.

Accountability 1 year 5 months ago #7507

• Loreen
  • Administrator
I agree Chris I’ll just be glad when he starts to get actually charged and convicted of all the ugly things he’s done. He was even in debt to North Korea. Mason always said he was so indebt, he needed a country to get him out of it. I honestly can’t believe he has the gall to attempt to be back in the presidency seat. Once again it will not be because he wants to do a great service to or for all Americans, it will be self-serving. He now is in so much legal trouble he needs to become president to make it all go away. He is guilty of so many atrocities and I’ll just be glad when he is held accountable. I think we need look at the entire republican party and there is a prime example of irresponsible

Accountability 1 year 5 months ago #7508

• TJ
  • Premium Member
I have never thought so deeply about responsibility. I have always considered myself a responsible person, but I now know there are areas in my life that I have been very responsible about caring for and about. One is my body. I’ve done some crazy things. Things that could have led to death. Smoking was my biggest assault on my body. I have quit but for most of my life I was a heavy smoker, a pack a day and I am now paying the price for that. Smoking does shorten your life that is a fact. I knew it was bad and I chose to continue doing it so now I’ll have to be accountable for refusing to take responsibility for what I was doing to my lungs and other organs.

Accountability 1 year 5 months ago #7509

• Alex
  • Premium Member
Once again we see just how deep the Most High is and why we need to be in a certain cognitive state to have a slim idea of how the Most High. I see accountability as a necessary consequence for making irresponsible choices. Sometimes their consequences are deadly that is crystal clear. I don’t know if you all remember Bridget, I mean of course Marc and his family remembers her. She was my best friend and she was abused as a child, in a way she mentally couldn’t get over. She kept doing things that were harmful to herself. She knew it was bad. She didn’t have any real mental disorders she was just angry. Real angry, and continuously acting out, living in a state of rebellion. I think, being abused is horrible, but not something that should make anyone chose to do the wrong thing all the time and live a rebellious life. At some point we have to be responsible for how we deal with things in our lives and make the decision to do things differently with our children and to not give the abuser anymore power. I’ve always felt that way and this article confirms it for me. Thank you Mark. :lol:

Accountability 1 year 5 months ago #7510

• Miles
  • Premium Member
I have to say I have had moments when I have been very disrespectful and irresponsible when it comes to my body. I used drugs and drank way too much. I was a burden on my father and had to learn the hard way that the people I was hanging out with didn’t give a damn about me. I came very close to death when I started to fight and protect my father’s home. They were destroying it when I asked them to leave they attacked me. I managed to activate the house alarm and it sent them all scattering and running. But they couldn’t get away fast enough as the entrance to the estate isn’t close to the house itself. The police were there to greet them by the time they reached the gate. A few girls remained behind to get rid of the drugs and make sure I was alright. I didn’t have anything in my system except beer and that was something I was never more grateful for. They chose to be destructive and ended up in prison. I think they are out now I don’t keep track of them but we all ended up being accountable for our part I what happened. It wasn’t fun but it was just.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds