Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: October Meeting!

October Meeting! 1 year 6 months ago #7437

• Marc
  • Premium Member
Aunt Jackee I don’t blame you. I’m really tired of hoping people care enough to rise to the level liberation the founding fathers dreamed of but instead they have stoop to the lowest levels of oppression, allowing it to infiltrate all areas in our society, breaking-down and confining us causing us to suffer from so many levels of PTSD. It is stressful living in this country. I really wish all of us could leave instead keep fighting to be treated like a human being. I voted early. I’m tired of worrying about if the people in this country will vote in their best interest. I’m tired of the media in this country. They cancel Tiffany Cross just like the did Melissa Harris Perry. They do not want to much focus on black issues. Black anchors have to agree to stay on the topics they want us to hear, influencing how people think. This is not a wonderful country because the people in this country are not anywhere near wonderful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

October Meeting! 1 year 6 months ago #7438

• Jay
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I read about Tiffany Cross and I remember Mellissa Harris Perry. The media is owned by a bunch of republicans that’s why they keep trying to make Americans think the republicans are doing so well when common sense tells us there is not a record amount of people registering to vote and even boring early to vote in crazy people trying to take away Social Security, Abortion, Veteran’s benefits rights, and our democracy. I mean really? Are people that stupid? Is hate that intense? Hate for a people who have been beaten down by oppression for over 400 years? It is what will ultimately bring this country to its knees. I just don’t know if I want to wait around for it to happen. We have also put our home up for sale. I voted but I don’t care how things turn out I just want to leave. I’m joining Mark in Australia. I really don’t want to talk about anything else. Trump should be in prison but he walks free and announces he will put in another bid for President they day he is supposed to testify before the Jan. 6th committee. Over two years and that man has had not real consequences for his part in the insurrection. He took classified documents and he walks free. What kind of message does that send to Americans. What is this ship about no man being above the law? BULLSHIT! Prove it.

October Meeting! 1 year 6 months ago #7439

• Luke
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Trinity is biracial, like my brother and sisters, I now realize the fear they have when it comes to their children. I ask myself, is this really the America we grew up believing was the best country in the world? Well, that depends on who you asked. If you ask most African Americans, I’m sure they would not describe this country as the best country in the world. Why would they? As white Americans we see things through a totally different prospective. We know real freedom. We can go anywhere, travel anywhere, eat anywhere, sit anywhere, talk to whoever we want. Tell the police how we feel when they pull us over. Get paid well, find a home anywhere and purchase it. Sell our homes for a fair price. Travel anywhere in this country freely without worry. Order food and have it arrive at a reasonable time. We are free to live our lives uninhibited. We can drive without fear. BLACK are not. They are not free in this country. My children will have black in them and I am now afraid. Trinity and I are expecting our first child. So, We are also joining my brother in Australia because I want my children to grow up free of fear and that’s not going to happen in the United States.

October Meeting! 1 year 6 months ago #7440

• Trinity
My life has never been better. My husband still misses his first love but makes sure I am happy all the time. I would follow him to the ends of the earth because I love him as he is my first real love. I feel safe. I know my husband will always make the best decision for his family and honestly, I’m more than a little disheartened that most people would not be willing to secure the democratic dreams of this country’s forefathers. That is clearly not the republican agenda. Other countries think Americans are stupid, crazy and barbaric. What can we say to prove them wrong? Nothing when we have high school students doing shit like putting on black face and dressing up like prisoners making fun of a race their direct ancestors are responsible for imprisoning so many African Americans for little to nothing. My mother is white, my father is black, my mother has three other full white children and when my father decided to divorce her, she told him to take me. I do not have anything to do with her. I don’t want to. My father is amazing. He will join us for the next meeting in February. He’s so excited. He is convinced he will find his next wife he’s so funny. I want him to come with us because I want him forever safe. I think it’s sad that people all over the world know how bad African Americans are treated in the United States and they find it appalling.

October Meeting! 1 year 6 months ago #7441

• Rod
  • Elite Member
Trinity, do you speak to any of your siblings? I applaud you father for stepping up and raising a beautiful daughter. I hope he will join you. I too fear for my children in this country, I am Jewish and my wife is of course African American. The hostility in this country, the hate is often unbelievable. It’s beyond sad. What do white people have to be so hateful about? It’s unfounded. There is no excuse for it. I pray that this is not allowed to continue. This kind of hate does not deserve to live and thrive in any country. Covid did its best Water is drying up. Earth is tired and so are many of us. There is no reason to want to deny an entire race the right to prosperity and the freedoms Luke laid out. I to am considering moving my family out of this country, as doors to other countries are open for all who have direct relationship to an American African American. That’s how sad this situation is here in American. White people here aren’t looking good around the world and stories like the kids in black face and prison garb isn’t helping at all. I voted and I voted to save our freedoms, this is not something the republicans are offering.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Rod.

October Meeting! 1 year 6 months ago #7442

• Kendra
  • Premium Member
Well, I like Trinity will follow my husband to the ends of the earth. I share his fears and I know it’s hard to see how terrible things are for black people up close and personal. I feel more sorry for my husband than for the things I have been subjected to all my life. It makes his hands tremble and he honestly wonders why all of us don’t have serious struggles with PTSD. This country needs to begin to right its wrongs by compensating black people for all the pain, suffering, and degradation we have suffered living in this country. It’s time for reparations. It is owed us as we have endured horrible hardships for hundreds of years. Unnecessary hardships. It’s time for accountability but instead they would rather destroy democracy. It’s black people now, it’s jumping to women already. Why can’t they see hate doesn’t stop. They won’t be satisfied even if all the blacks left, it would just jump to something and someone else. It reminds me of that moving Fallen. That’s how hate operates, jumping from one person to the next.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds