Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: August meeting!

August meeting! 1 year 8 months ago #7154

• nicoli
Ebony, I agree and my prayers are also with those children in Uvalde and their parents. Also, the parents who lost children during that horrible shooting.

I know that court appointed judge was going to do exactly what she did. All it was is an attempt to buy trump time to announce his intention to run for president again in 2024. I think he sould definitely not be allowed to run for any public office again in life. We don’t know what he’s already done. We certainly don’t need him back in a position to do even more harm all over again.

Justin, I’m with you. I do not hire mega republicans and I am releasing them from positions they hold now I don’t care if they threaten to sue. I don’t want people working for me who are anti-democracy that’s all there is to it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

August meeting! 1 year 8 months ago #7155

• Luke
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I’m not surprised that judge he appointed did what she did and we have to stop allowing the media to dictate our perspective on current events. I agree with my sister, they focus to much on negativity claiming it’s better for ratings and that’s a lie. If they would pay attention to their shows that have high ratings and are views all the time, they would see that the anchors hosting those shows educate the public and do not focus on negative aspects, asking argumentative question of their commentary guest. We just need to remain realistic. We need to protect our democracy in anyway we can as individual members of this democratic society.

I think we all need to keep the families in Uvalde in our thoughts and prayers. Let’s pray those remain safe going forward and the police department moves to a better position of protecting and serving the innocent in our society.

August meeting! 1 year 8 months ago #7156

• Vince
I really enjoyed the meeting this past month. We had a wonderful time saying goodbye to Stewart. We know he is preparing to make a journey we will all make one day and it is something we need to look forward to without fear. Stew isn’t afraid, he is smiling and leaves us with his prayers as we try to carry on in these perilous times. We are living in seriously perilous times my friends and as has been said, we all need to do our part to be sure the sub-humans among us, don’t overtake our government and greatly tarnish our way of life.

I really hope and pray those innocent children get all the support they need as the begin a new school year after the previous one ended so tragically.

August meeting! 1 year 8 months ago #7157

• Mia
I agree with Vince, I really enjoyed our meeting this time. It was a sad thing but we learned, I think, how to die with dignity and without fear. I know Stew has always been a powerful example of strength, bravery, and dignity. He will be missed and he literally feels sorry for those he will sadly leave behind.

I also send my hopes and prayers to the families in Uvalde and pray that their children will be safe in school going forward.

I am also sick and tired of Trump. I really am. Everything that has anything to do with him sickens me and I wish we could move passed him but unfortunately, we have to man mega republicans that keep him and his message alive. All we can do is fight back and I’m glad to hear the business owners in our group are weeding them out. We have to send a powerful message, their ideals are anti-American will not be tolerated.

August meeting! 1 year 8 months ago #7158

• Brice
  • Premium Member
I just hope they don’t have to let him go because of this. Trump is scary and dangerous and I am glad the business owners in our group are taking a stand against his supporters. We have to fight back whenever and however we can. That is a good place to start. The sooner we diminish the money the easier it will be to stop them from funding lies, deception, racism and anti-democracy. We have to make sure they don’t take us back to a horrible time in our history, times they want to make light of or erase from our history completely. This will allow them to be free of accountability and free to create new atrocities for the history books they will continue to try to cover up. We have to do something about it right away.

My prayers are with the children and families in Uvalde but nothing will improve until we have leadership that takes a real stand against violence waged against the innocent. Right now we do not have that.

August meeting! 1 year 8 months ago #7159

• lindsey
  • Premium Member
I agree with Brice, we need better leaders to start doing something about gun violence in this country.

Stew you will be surely missed and we love and so enjoy you. You did show us all how to pass from this life with dignity and respect, bravely and without fear. Trust me, that is comforting in ways I can never find the words to express. You will leave us to this horror in the shadow of the era of Trump and I hope as do you, we will eventually shake ourselves of his evil and those who would carry it on. That means we must do our part to rid ourselves of the mega republicans, particularly those in positions of power in our government and those seeking to gain seats of power. It is up to us.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds