Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: October Article "Choices"

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6464

• Shawn
  • Premium Member
I decided to divorce my very racist wife and OMG did I get clobbered with how bad a decision I was making. I was beaten up so bad about it I almost stayed in that dreadful relationship until I saw how badly it was impacting my kids. My daughter had a black friend and her mother made her cry yelling at her and telling her how unacceptable that was. She didn’t understand why and I said that was it. We left a week later, she told me to take my “N” word loving kids and go because I didn’t know it but I had “N” word in me and she didn’t want to be married to me anymore. I gave her the finger and told her that was fine with me I was going to go find a fine chocolate sister to marry and live happily ever after. OMG, that got everyone in a huff. Mom and Pop Justin came through for me because everyone else turned their back on me and my two little girls that aren’t so little anymore. They are happy and well-rounded with friends of all ethnicity and they have no desire to have anything to do with their racist mother and her racist family, all trump supporters and anti-maskers and anti-vaccine even though two members of the family have died from covid. I’m so glad I am not a part of that twisted family and my girls aren’t either.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6465

• Vince
I chose to listen to everyone who told me I should not be in love with a black woman and I walked away from the mother of my only two children. I listened to everyone, especially my father, tell me how it was a huge step in the wrong direction, and how much of a bad impact it would have on my life going forward. I had to hear how I didn’t want to take on a black woman with two black sons and…I regretfully listened. I watched how devastating my decision ended up being because I know in my heart if I had followed my heart, the mother of my children would still be alive and she would be happy. He sons would have turned out better and be living productive lives today so it is a decision I regret to this day.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6466

• Mary
  • Premium Member
Mine is the decision I made to marry a man so much younger than me. OMG, I have been called so many names and told if I was a teacher I would be in jail for raping my student. I heard so many hurtful things from people except among my Gnostic family and friends and did put Benji off time and time again. But he was not taking no for an answer and I finally gave in. He loves me and there is not a day that goes by that I don’t know that. We don’t have children between us but he has two boys and I have two boys and we are a family. YAAAA!

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6467

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Mary, you do not look or act your age so you and Benji look so very good together. I’m glad you didn’t listen and you followed your heart on that one because I remember the slack you got for being with Ben. Not only was he so young he is biracial.

I decided I was not attracted to white women and Lord help me I though my mother was going to literally have a heart attack. Dad understood but didn’t think it was a good idea for me to choose to be with a woman of color because of how hard it would be for us socially. He told me honestly, I would go further in life if I found a nice white girl to settle down with. He then said, and I mean he was walking away then he stopped, stood there for a moment, and slowly turned around. He said but, I should follow my heart and marry the women I fall in love with no matter what he race or ethnicity because this is my life and certain decision were always mine to make. He said he would welcome any woman I brought home and stand with me no matter what decision I made and I have never loved my father more than I did at that moment.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6468

• Niobi
I choose to leave my Village and go to other country. As woman this is not agreeable with people in my Village. I go anyway. I followed my heart and I meet the man of my dreams. Yes, is best to follow you hart.

October Article "Choices" 2 years 6 months ago #6469

• Benji
  • Premium Member
I got a lot of static when I wanted to marry an older woman but that's not the main decision I made that met with the most resistance. When I decided to stop dealing with my mother in her later years that was met would some most opposition. Mom was keeping up too much trouble. I was going through my own thing at the time and I just couldn't deal with all the trouble she was keeping up. I also harbored resentment because of my two older brothers and how bad and hard their lives were. I blamed her I thought she was weak selfish interesting care about anything but her depression. So it was hard for me to deal with her constant troublemaking. One minute she was okay with us joining the Gnostic faith the next minute she was not so I decided first to cut ties and that was met with the most resistance. I can't say it was the best decision I made and I don't feel like it benefited me in a great way in the long term but I don't regret choosing to limit the negativity in my life I to follow my heart.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds