Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Emotional Pits

Emotional Pits 2 years 9 months ago #6276

• Niobi
I know family that argue always. I just don’t want them here. It make me nervous. They attack my father for moving to America and following woman in he life. I tell him to hang up phone and do not listen they jealous he live better now. He agree and he now take no calls from family who remain I Africa. Disengage great way to take away stress, even if it is family disengage.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Emotional Pits 2 years 9 months ago #6278

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
Abuse creates disconnect. I know, it is my situation as well. Learning to function normally is a process but it is a condition that can be prevented by strict laws that limit the type of people allowed to be parents. I was punched, knocked out, slapped so hard it made me dizzy, suffered a concussion when I was 9, when I was punched numerous times waking up in a hospital with a black eye, swollen lips and a broken nose. I was nine, this was a beaten from my father because I wasn’t tough enough for him. He almost killed me. Mother G stepped in and removed me from his custody after that and I never lived with him again but the damage was already done. The first beating I can remember getting was when I was six and I didn’t want to eat Brussel sprouts he shoved the entire plate in my face broke the plate over my head shoved me from the table and when my mother threw herself over me to protect me, saving my life, because he wasn’t going to stop, my uncle stepped in (Mike Nico Mary, and Vic’s pop) and prevented him from beating both my mom and me to death. Mom sent Tony away after that and he wouldn’t allow her to send me away. I learned to suffer in silence, quietly dealing with his punches, kicks, and angry shouting. I hated him and yes he did cause my mother’s death, kicking her so hard in her stomach she lost the baby she was carrying and bleed to death because he refused to allow her to call for help. I was glad when he died and I don’t miss him. He was evil because he was not abused growing up, he was just a demon who enjoyed causing pain. So, I know all about disengaging, how it happens, and how it causes many problems in your life all of your life.

Emotional Pits 2 years 9 months ago #6280

• Mary
  • Premium Member
Carmine, I heard your father was very abusive. To have you finally admit it makes me so sad. That’s why he died the way he died, violently. When you were young we all said you had no soul because Tony wanted to hug and love you and you held out your hand and firmly set him away from you shaking your head no. MG had to tell you it was all right. Then you nodded and allowed him to hug you but you clearly were unable to hug him back. Dad walked away. I’ve never seen my father cry before. Carmine was and remains gorgeous but he was unable to understand affection much less show it. His eyes were blank and the only one who was not afraid was Michael. He walked up to you and extended his hand. Carmine looked at him, looked at his hand and then looked at him again before firmly taking Michael’s hand and shaking it. When Carmine came to the meetings for the first time I was terrified. Paul stayed by his side and after a week Carmine smiled after he said something that made everyone laugh. He asked Paul where the sinners were. I had never heard him say more than two words. He nodded a lot or firmly shook his head no. Nico had a kid that was always bothering him and he followed him home Carmine walked out the front door and walked straight up too him He didn’t say a word and the bully asked him who he was? Mike ran out to stand beside Carmine and Carmine looked at Michael put his arm in front of him, faced the bully, and his response was to crack his knuckles. Let’s just say the bully decided Carmine wasn’t to be fucked with and he backed up and told him to take it easy. Not even grown men looked cross-eyed at Tony, Carmine was unable to show affection but he loved his brother. I watched Sir Paul and Mark do something no one else was able to do, lower the wall of ice around my handsome cousin and make him smile, make him cry, make him accept and even show affection. I love you Carmine.

Emotional Pits 2 years 9 months ago #6282

• Brad
  • Premium Member
OMG Carmine was scary. I meet him when we went to visit MG one summer. He did not talk, he only nodded and shook his head. Chris asked him if he could speak and he slowly looked at Chris, glared at him for a long as second and looked away. The look spoke louder than word, I mean I nodded. I was good with that answer. I think Chris was too. I never heard him speak until he joined our group. I know he could silence a room just by walking in. I wanted to be friends with him but he was not interested in having friends. Did you like Girls Carm? I mean I can ask that now with being a safe distance away.

As for argumentative people, my mother man I swear. I just can’t be around her. I can’t. I don’t know if she has a mental disorder of if she’s just fucking insane! All I know is I can’t do it so I don’t. She hates me anyway and look I don’t care. She was always mean to me but my father and siblings overshadowed how she obviously felt about me. She didn’t dare abuse me because MG wasn’t having it. So, I was never physically abused, I was verbally badgered. For years it affected me and I have to say I married a woman who picked up where my mother left off and continued to verbally abuse me as an adult. I am emotionally damaged I struggle with trust and avoid verbalizing my feelings because growing up to do so led to a full-blown attack from the witch that bore me. My faith helped me and I’m better now.

Emotional Pits 2 years 9 months ago #6284

• TJ
  • Premium Member
I know about disconnection but I’m like Brad, I’m the kind that, in the past, has subconsciously seek people who will continue to abuse me because it’s what I know, it was familiar. I am improving and was saved and covered when I found The Ephesus Group website. It is true. I don’t know what it is but for a while in my life, everyone I ended up involved with, treated me like shit. I didn’t know how to deal with being treated with kindness. It confused me. Well, I like it. I like positive affection and I am glad I now have a father who tells me all the time he loves me, who has no trouble embracing and kissing my forehead every time he sees me and who is always there for me whenever I need him. I love you so much dad and I thank God for everyone in my family because they give me the strength I need and often can’t find on my own.

Emotional Pits 2 years 9 months ago #6286

• Tony
  • Premium Member
OMG Mary, I loved my brother so much and I knew he loved me. Our father did all kinds of things to Carmine. He threw a snake on him once and it wrapped around his neck. I was young but I remember it. I screamed and screamed, mom screamed, but my brother just stood there like a statue. I swear I saw the hope leave his eyes, I saw a part of my brother die. Mom sent me away and every day I cried because I was worried about my brother. Uncle cried to Carmine. He tried to get you to but dad wouldn’t budge. He wanted you there to continue to torment. I was glad when he died. I was glad when the told me MG had you. I know he is responsible for mom’s death but I blame her Carm. I don’t like weak mothers I’m sorry. If mom is the only parent a kid has we need to see her fighting for herself and her kids, not continuously cowering. My brother always allowed me to hug and kiss him especially when he realized I suffered from night terrors. I always woke up screaming his name and crying. I set up on night and when I finally opened my eyes he was there. He spoke, he told me I was safe and he would always be there for me. I reached for him and he allowed me to hug him realizing is comforted me. Abusive childhoods is devastating.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds