Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Barriers

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6208

• Aaron
  • Premium Member
Very interesting Justin. I had a teacher that was antisemitic also a female. I wonder how racism festers and has survived from generation to generation. I wonder if Wayne’s mother was more racist than his father. I think about my step grandmother and recall she was the racist one not grandpa. Is this often the case, I wonder. I was removed from the class because I couldn’t learn from someone I knew didn’t like me. I can only imagine how hard this is for black people in this country. Systemic racism is toxic in so many ways, on so many levels. I honestly think all of it calls for a significant form of compensation for the African Americans in this country.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6209

• Val
  • Premium Member
Justin is too funny. He’s all bruised up and all he can think about is how beautiful Theresa is. I can’t wait to meet her. I think it’s time we saw black people as they are and acknowledge all they’ve done for this country. It’s time we acknowledge that the way they’ve been treated has prevented them from prospering in this country. I think it’s time to make it right.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6210

• Shawn
  • Premium Member
Barriers, yeah racism does nothing but create barriers. I think this has been evident for years but I think white people close their eyes to things that don’t directly affect them. It’s easy to look away and tell yourself it’s not your problem. I did it for a while as well. But, I have to admit it’s kind of cold when you witness something everyday and continue to act as if it’s not a big deal. At some point we as human beings have to see what is really happening around us every day. I’m glad I decided to stop ignoring the wrong and now acknowledge and speak up and out against it.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6211

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Justin Bro :cheer: …I read this and I could see you too. I had to laugh. I would have been the same way. I won’t say I was more attracted to women of color, I was attracted to the strength in black women. I found that intriguing and challenging to some degree. She was strong, brave. She would fight beside you instead of cower behind you screaming. A man thinks he likes feeling like a woman’s protector until he experiences one who will not back down from a fight, who will protect him as well. It was a new feeling for me. I took Mason to dinner and two black guys started commenting on us being there together. Mason didn’t miss a beat, she immediately put them in their place without fear and I didn’t have to say a word. She handled it like Theresa did. I bet they listened to her too. That was the first time but it wasn’t the last. I liked it.

I agree, racism don’t only create barriers for those who are discriminated against but also for those who would otherwise befriend them or show any type of kindness. My dad have me the same speech Justin. Isn’t it funny the different talks parents find themselves having to have with their children? I got the last name ending with a vowel talk and the stepping outside my own race to befriend black males and date black females. But my dad just warned me to be careful not for fear of blacks, but of other whites full of hate that would attack me for befriending and/or dating a woman of color. That right there says a lot and I know my dad was talking about white people like the ones who stormed the capital on Jan. 6th.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6212

• Karen
  • Premium Member
Justin you are so funny. Yes, Becca thought you were super-hot, she said it all the time. You are good looking. Caleb was so cute too and Jay is simply adorable. We have a lot of good-looking men in our group. I have to agree that black women have an inner strength that is even comforting when they are in positions of power. It’s motherly, like the ultimate mother if that makes since. Mason makes me feel safe like motherly even though she’s younger than me. They know how and when to put their foot down.

Barriers are intended to suppress and they do that quiet effectively. Mike your right, it’s not black people we were warned about. It was angry white people my father feared.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6213

• Ebony
  • Elite Member
Theresa is awesome. I met her and she is pretty. She is a doctor and said she will always have a soft spot for Justin. It still makes him blush. Dré still teases him and we will see David this weekend. My husband is all of that, what can I say. Mason is scary shoot. No one wants to mess with her, especially when she gives you that look. You all know the look. I want my reparations and my fine husband who is wealthy doesn’t count. He can be wealthier.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds