Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Barriers

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6202

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Justin wrote a beautiful story for this months article I completely enjoyed it. It's a reflection. Lets think about similar points in our lives and share our stories. Justin...did Theresa know how you felt? :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6203

• Vince
Justin I have always been attracted to women with a darker complexion as well and I also caught a lot of slack including threats to be disowned. I simply refused to marry. Ben and Deb are my only children because I loved their mother who didn’t understand why I didn’t just defy my father and marry her. She didn’t understand how hard that was for me. By the time my father died she had slipped from my grasped and today I have finally met a woman that I can share my heart with. She has two adult children as well and yes she is a woman of color. :cheer:

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6204

• Stew
All I can say is it feels good to be myself and live in a time where I can be with who I love freely regardless of her race, religion or sexual preference. I for reparations as well and I will continue to work with Mark to do all that we can until this country’s leaders decide to also do the right thing.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6205

• Mia
I can see pop Justin now. :lol: :lol: :lol: he’s so animated and his facial expression tell the story. It’s such a cute story and Mom said you were the best-looking man she ever had. I really appreciate how you always admit you had racial biases at a point I your life. It really makes your story much more profound.

I’m so glad to know men like you Justin and Mike, Mark, Jay…so many and to be a part of seeing modern day Abolitionist fight the good fight for those who have no money, no voice, often no justice, and no power. All of you give us hope and that is a blessed thing.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Mia.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6206

• Brice
  • Premium Member
Justin, your open honesty helped me find my way as well. I laughed reading about Theresa. I don’t think I would have felt those bruises either. (big smile) Did you two see each other much after you left the public schools and I get the feeling you were in sounds like it was for upper middle class. Did that teacher ever say anything to you?

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6207

• lindsey
  • Premium Member
Justin, I don’t blame you for being relieved to be in a more controlled learning environment. That’s precisely why I’m glad my kids are in the Gnostic Academy. They talk about not talking about slavery in school. We need to. And we need to talk about racism and how literally destructive it is. I agree with reparations or the Black community because the definitely deserve it.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds