Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Barriers

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6250

• Ryan
  • Premium Member
I would have done the same thing Justin. I think Theresa would have been all I was thinking about. I laughed at the part about your mother responded to her hugging you, mom what would you have done? I’m Jewish too but I don’t recall being treated badly because of it. If I was maybe I didn’t realize my ethnicity was motivating my mistreatment. it.

I’m glad people all over the country are stepping up in regards to this voter suppression attempts by the republicans. I just want to keep standing up and helping out when injustices are brought to our attention. I like that we can start to fight back and prevent someone’s life from being ruined.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6251

• Lydia
  • Premium Member
I know we are Italian and I don’t think I’ve ever experienced any type of racial discrimination like I see other ethnic groups experiencing. I witnessed stuff growing up and I didn’t like it. I felt pressured to not befriend black people and even had a friend, or someone I thought was a friend, tell me not to talk to the new black girl who came to our school in 7th grade. When I did, she not only stopped talking to me, she turned all the other girls against me as well. That was fine. I had a new friend whom I liked better anyway and we are still friends to this day. We did everything together and after a few months a few of the girls I was friends with before Sandra came to our school came around again. It pissed Amy way off and she became a forever enemy to this day. So her unfounded hate cost her several friendships and she a bitter bitch to this day. That’s what her hate did for her. Dumb that’s all I can say. Racism is dumb and I like being happy not always pissed off for nothing.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6252

• Barb
  • Premium Member
Oh Ryan I would have been so upset honey, so glad people were looking out for you and honestly, where some white people feared black people I feel safer around them. I always have. I would have been comforted seeing Theresa, Dré, and was it David and Deidra standing there with you. :cheer:

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6253

• Chris
  • Elite Member
Justin…I never understood the whole Jewish thing but I have witnessed it. An attempt to recruit me into several white nationalist movement I rejected. I do know that there are many white people who are racist and I can see how that racism can, does, and remains a systemic problem in this country. Mason once said rich people don’t seem to have time to be racist, yeah they do. They get young men together in clusters, their clans, that tribal shit, and start their speeches about purity, rightness, better, you know the privilege talk I call it. I’m only half Italian, my mother is of Swedish descent and I inherited her light eyes and light hair so I’m considered full white.

I’m glad I had a father who kept me grounded and a grandmother who definitely backed him up. I always knew better and I’m glad to be on the defensive said of this race thing.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6254

• Rhena
  • Premium Member
Ah Justin, such a sweet story. I can’t wait to meet everyone.

I’m glad everyone came together to help Herves get released from jail and retain a good lawyer. I think for years Americas ugly underbelly was visible to people in other countries. As with everything some of people be disgusted and some will be drawn to and imitate it, thus what we saw with the black players on the British soccer team. It’s everywhere and that’s the horror of an American legacy.

Barriers 2 years 9 months ago #6255

• Benji
  • Premium Member
I listened to Biden and I don’t think he can do anything. I think it’s a shame what is going on. I’m just not shocked at how blatantly racist the republicans are openly showing they are. I’m proud of the Texas democrats I think we all have to be willing toll the line and go the distance with the Texas democrats.

Barb, what you said gave me pause. My wife says that all the time but I’ve never heard it from anyone else. WOW!!! Justin I really enjoyed this story about a portion of your life. I think it was obviously a period in your life that had a profound affect on you at a young age.

Dad…it really makes me feel complete when you talk about your love for mom. I love the pictures you showed us of her and we can see firsthand, how racism us life altering. Mom didn’t look like the woman dad fell in love with. She didn’t have the same bright, happy, full of life look. The man she married sucked the energy from her and left her a shell. If dad had been allowed to be who he wanted to be and love who he wanted to love my mother’s life would have been drastically different. My dad never married. This is how damaging it is. Yes it’s downright evil, racism. Hate, there is not greater destructive force and never has that been more obvious than what we have seen happening in the world today.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds