Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Self-Aware

Self-Aware 3 years 2 months ago #6003

• Kendra
  • Premium Member
I have family in Texas and I am so worried about them. The power is back on but they still don’t have running water. They’ve been in hotels, we are sending money, but they can’t purchase heat. They can’t even get clean water because so many people are in need. Earth is really angry and it appears really badly ran communities are being hit hardest.

I’m going to gladly take reparations if they are offered and I definitely believe we are entitled to them because we’ve been through hell. I really want to see some police reform because they are clearly having some problems. Now things are coming out. There is a new movie coming out about Billie Holiday, called the “Government verses Billie Holiday”, that tells how the government attacked Billie after she wrote the song “Bitter Fruit” because it talks about how white people were killing black people. They wanted to silence her and I know think they killed her. Stories are coming out every day and Mason, I think they would probably be pretty pissed off with how a group of people are being treated on this planet. I hope anyway.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Self-Aware 3 years 2 months ago #6004

• Rod
  • Elite Member
Racism is and has been around for a long time. It will never go away because as humans, something in many of us, needs to feel like we are better than them. For all we know, it is an attitude we inherited from our enhancers. I don’t imagine they will show much patients with us as a species and as someone in a profession of trying to help others become better people, I can’t say that I would blame them. All we can do is do the best we can, individually, to be better people. We can make sure we don’t stand for or stand by while racist acts are being perpetrated. We have to be the best we can be at all times remember that we are in the service of the Most High and they are always watching. The change is coming Mark…I now know why you talked so much about the kind of society we would be comfortable living in earlier. Mason, you amaze me.

Self-Aware 3 years 2 months ago #6005

• Luke
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey everyone. I’m doing better. I have a wonderful supportive family and we are pulling together the way pop would want us to.

I agree with Rod…this is something that has been here for probably as long as time has been time and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. The thing is the black people in America are not allowed to improve their lives and that makes this a more severe tragedy and they definitely deserver reparations. They need that tools we can give them to start to stabilize their communities and improve their lives. Things that have been denied them for way way to long now. We can see the racism now, how deadly, scary it actually is. We also can see that it is raw hate and hate does not see race, ethnicity, gender. It will start with one group and quickly spread to another. That’s what January 6, showed us and that is why we have to do something about the degree of racism that has been allowed to flourish in the United States.

I feel it to Rod…something is coming. I thinking we all feel it.

Self-Aware 3 years 2 months ago #6006

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Em…I don’t know. I’m nervous, ashamed, disgusted, and hopeful they will usher in an outlet that gives us another opportunity to be better creatures than we currently are. All we can do is pray and hope for the best for those of us who are pure in our hearts.

Kendra I heard about that. I want to see it when it’s available.

Self-Aware 3 years 2 months ago #6007

• Jay
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I vow to continue speaking up and speaking out when I see or even thing racism is happening. I agree all we can do is make sure we do are part to snuff it out because it’s getting real now. It is spreading just like Luke said and it will become the none racist against the racist. We will have to pick a side. Let me tell you right now, I’m not interested in being associated with a bunch of shitty ass people, who stink all to hell okay. What they did to our nation’s capital was beyond savage. I know where I stand and I am bracing myself everyday for the battles I know I will fight every day. I bravely raise to the challenge and vow to stand for something in this life, some thing worthwhile.

Self-Aware 3 years 2 months ago #6008

• Marc
  • Premium Member
It’s been a rough few months but we are pressing on. In my profession I know racism is a very serious thing. Yes, it is scary because it’s rooted in a hatred that is deadly, making it very dangerous thus the threat can’t be ignored. I don’t experience much because I pass for white until I tell people I am black. I’m like Miles who does not look black at all, until he opens his mouth. His voice is so deep and he’s so animated. He keeps us laughing. Even when he doesn’t mean to be funny he is. I don’t understand what the attraction is to trump I’m sorry. Why can’t people see everything that man touches turns to shit? I watched his building in Jersey City come down and it was like watching a corrupt king tumble finally to the ground. He’s nothing and lets be glad he’s gone. It’s such a relief to not have to worry about the man in charge every single day. Man I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It was so damn heavy too.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds