Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5352

• Mia
They always try to make it the victim’s fault to. They always find something negative to say about the men they have murdered. They couldn’t say that about Breonna though, she was a first responder. What kind of shit is no knock warrant? Do they pull that shit in white neighborhoods? How the hell do you have the right to just bust into someone’s damn home? Is this America or what? I’m so sick of this shit. We are being murdered in living color and everyone should be outraged and willing to take action. There is no excuse to murder someone because of their race because that is what is happening, and yes they are hanging black men again, trying to retaliate of scare us into silence like they’ve always done. Not this time, not this time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5353

• Loreen
  • Administrator
Well, they’ve done it again. For black men they clearly don’t view them as real humans. They immediately resort to deadly force. The UN is investigating because the world is outraged. This is genocide and they said it’s not only in the United States. They said this is a global problem. I’m at a loss for words and understanding. It’s ugly like both Stuart and Vince describe. I am also upset that my husband is so upset by all of this. The only word that comes to mind is evil. It’s evil.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5354

• lindsey
  • Premium Member
This is so deep. I can’t get my mind around the 400 + years black people have dealt with the great racial injustices they suffer so severely with in their communities. It goes without saying, they are a strong race. With all they endure and they are still breaking out and being successful. That is strength like no other race can rise to. I hope the UN finds the US guilty of its inhumane way they have allowed racism to thrive, grow, and torment for literally hundreds of years. Yes we know but we don’t stop to think about to what degree this treatment affects the lives of black people in this country. I just keep thinking…over 400 years and my mind just can’t imagine how horrible this has been. I can’t even imagine it.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5355

• TJ
  • Premium Member
It is the year 2020. We are in the middle of a purge, aka pandemic, and the horrible injustices black people face once again shows how devastating it is to have anything extra come along that has a greater impact on us than any other race. At first I thought it wasn’t killing black people but with how badly health care is provided for us it doesn’t surprise me that it is this bad. Well, if anyone wonders what the hell we are complaining about, I hope watching what happened to George Floyd first opened everyone’s eyes to what has been going on in the black community for years, yes Rodney was the first to be caught on tape, but there is no telling how many others this has happened to. I remember the black kid who cam into court and was so badly beaten he had to have on a face mask. I was young but it stands out in my mind. I think he tried to escape and an officer was killed in the process. He’s another one who is lucky to be alive. If he still is.

Second this is one of the horrors we live with every single day in the black community. Police does not mean safety to us, many times it is a death sentence. I appreciate the situation I am now in and I’m not as afraid. The cops in the neighborhood I live in know my dad and they don’t bother me. Word travels fast and I am actually pretty safe. Dad is still worried so we are limo riders now but he has been assured his children are safe. But like dad, I know it is only because of his financial status and as he puts it his total whiteness. (big smile). I like the idea Carm…black bros need a white bro buddy when they are out. Unfortunately, they will keep getting together in their gangs and seeking out a vulnerable, black person, that means alone, and murdering him or her.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5356

• Ashley
  • Premium Member
This is what was so traumatizing to me all through my life. I’m part black and my father, he did all he could to protect me from the horror of racism. I spent my life passing for full white when I’m not. Josh and I sat the kids down and explain the are a quarter black and then Caleb’s dad told me they are almost half black. He is also biracial. He doesn’t look it but he should me them marks. You all know the ones, the ones that always gave the light-skinned blacks away. The birth marks, signs there is black in you. I was reminded, Caleb had a few birth marks, just like me. My children have them. It’s scary. I’ve been so sad. I’m like everyone else. Seeing was horrific. Seeing this latest murder isn’t much better. He just didn’t want to be locked up for his daughter’s birthday. He didn’t have to die. Mason tells the black students to say it loud, I’m black and I’m proud. I finally said it and it was like a part of me was set free. I’m proud of me, my culture, my ethnicity. I’m not ashamed anymore. I will not be checking white, I’ll go forward checking biracial and I’ll embrace all that I am and I’m ready to go someplace better Mark. I’m tired of the ugliness here. Lindsey says saying 400 years is hard to wrap her mind around, it brings me to tears every time I think of how long black people have suffered. We matter. Black Lives Matter!!!!!

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5357

• Alex
  • Premium Member
Well, it’s not as bad in Europe but as you can see, black people face their share of challenges in Britain too. I saw some things in London, not to the degree I see them here but small things we immediately called to the attention of everyone around, stopping the problem right away. Here, it makes it worse. You can be killed for standing up for yourself. It is frightening. It’s like they want to restrain them so they can murder them easier. It is so evil. Me and my mom just cry when we see it. We remember them all starting with Trayvon. TJ told me about Rodney King being the first black man on tape being beaten severely by police. He almost died he says. I know he did die recently or not to long ago but he survived that beating. How many are not caught on camera? How many have never been found? It is genocide and I thought there was a global law against that. I’m worried about TJ, our sons. It’s just tragic in every way.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds