Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5358

• JJ
  • Premium Member
All I can say, is I hope something gets done about it one way or another. The world can make racism stop. If the UN causes sanctions in this country than so be it. Trump likes to act like we are on top of the world. Maybe we were before he took office now we are a laughing stock facing charges from the UN and still trying to handle Covid-19 because his stupid ass dismantled the part of the government that handled stuff like that.

Carm…count me in. I’ll ride with my homies no problem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5359

• Miles
  • Premium Member
I’ve always passed so I haven’t really felt the brunt of my blackness. I do feel it watching what is happening to black men all around me. I don’t want my brother out alone under any circumstances, none of my brothers. Dad has strong genes so all of us are bright with light eyes. It is the consensus that it is TJ we need to keep safe. TJ and my nieces and nephews. His mother is so sweet and clearly traumatized and is terrified of the police. She said they beat her once as well. She says that it who she fears whenever she goes out. It is sad and I want people to keep marching until we know things are going to be different.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5360

• Beth
  • Premium Member
Mason…in UE the kids had their own segment on the news under the shields, MSNBC has a kid segment now. I thought that was interesting. Also, I saw the sisters or siblings of people who have been murdered by law enforcement. The reporter was in tears. She wanted to know what to say to black children being raised by white parents. I’m just in tears all the time these days. It’s devastating. Every day the words Black Lives Matter take on a more intense meaning to and for me. it is so obvious they don’t matter to so many white people. I saw a big fat hideous woman, hideous because of how she was behaving, block a mother in a parking spot because she didn’t like her son climbing on a shelf inside the store so he could reach something on a higher shelf. She followed her out the store and was blocking her car standing in back of it with a stroller. I think they should take her child away. She has the little girl out in the sun while she acts like a fool. I kept thinking I would have gotten into my car and just started backing up. Then I was reminded, I’m white, I can defend myself and not be blamed for it. She had to just allow this woman to subject her to her racism and prevent her from leaving the grocery store parking lot. This is the kind of shit we take for granted. We are not harassed for anything. We don’t have to stand for anything, but black people…they do. It breaks my heart and it’s time for it to stop. It’s always the ugly people you know. She looked like a demon to me. It’s so upsetting now that my eyes are fully open to it.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5361

• Doug
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I know firsthand that black males are high on the target list. Sometimes we are instructed or I was instructed to target them. I never did it but it was a part of the department as for patrol basically. I didn’t stay in an officer’s uniform very long and when I made supervisor, I didn’t tolerate excessive behavior especially towards minorities. It bothered me and when I had a say I showed no patience for it. It is a part of the officer culture and has been since before I joined the force. What is staggering to me is the blatant way some officers are displaying aggression. Being an officer is not easy and again, it is a calling. Like everything else, you get some who just want to boss people around, speed, and delve into a little mischief on the side. I’ve had a few under me like this. It’s hard to fire them and there have been a few that have been on the force for a long time and they were pretty racist and vicious.

I think a lot needs to change in this country, and Black Lives Matter means when you look at black people you see them as human beings and therefore worth. Worthy of respect, dignity, compassion, consideration, understanding, opportunity just like white people.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5362

• Barb
  • Premium Member
I’m devastated at the thought of how deep the oppression honestly is. I always knew it was hard to be black but I never really understood what was causing it. Now my eyes are wide open and it’s devastating. It’s so tragic I also find myself having moments when tears will roll from my eyes and I have to sit down or sit up. I think my parents were racists. I heard a few things and I just kept my distance from minorities. I admit, I saw and heard what I wanted to see and hear. I am ashamed. I hope real change comes from what is being exposed. I pray that black people can stop warning their children to run when they see the predator coming.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5363

• Kay
  • Premium Member
One thing dad couldn’t stand was racism. It’s something I didn’t learn at home but I did learn it the minute I stepped outside of my parent’s protective shield. Mom wasn’t a racist either. When you have a condition that makes you value life it is so hard to watch how easily some officers are taking it away from others. I’m learning so much. I didn’t know anything about Juneteenth and I think it should be a holiday. It is actually American black people’s Independence Day. They have been forced to observe all our holidays while we ignore significant moments in time that mean so much to them. Thanksgiving is another day Black Americans should not feel comfortable celebrating because of what really took place during that time. Native Americans really shouldn’t want anything to do with it so I understand why Kelton does not celebrate Thanksgiving. It’s just time we stop acting like white people are the only ones that matter in this country. And then they want to start that shit about all lives matter. White people think their lives are the only ones that matter that’s the problem.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds