Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5328

• Niobi
Mother was awesome!!! Is it possible she is out there somewhere? They not help because they not interfere right? I know. I wish it was not so but I know it is way. I understand some of why. I am so heartbroken when I see this but I see terrible things all my life. I see terrible things in home town I grow up in. Believe it or not men in my town sell young girls and sometimes boys to perverted rich foreign men. Sometimes we never see kids again and large money given to grieving parents. I think money helps evil and hate more than it helps good. Good and innocent suffer and suffer and guilty just go on and on. This is how I think Karma take to long. Over 400 years and still black people in US are subjected to racism. When is this really going to end? My husband is to worry and this makes me sad. He is to sit our children down, with TJ and tell them they not to be alone. TJ is not to drive himself anywhere again while in America, he is to have limo. They both cry but TJ nod. He know he dad is right. He not safe. I cry because I know to. He mom cry because she know. I just hug her while we watch what happen to George and when he call his mom my mom moan and rock. This is just pain so much pain.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5329

• Jess
I am Jewish, honestly, I’ve been glad to be able to be under the general white privilege umbrella all my life but in the past few years I have been ashamed and wanting to distance myself by professing to be Jewish not white. As I look at the school curriculum and how it has been very honest about American History, I have been a little uncomfortable affixing myself to the White race. I’m not proud of the things that have been done. This has been happening long before this last incident with George, which was the most horrific thing I’ve ever seen in the modern world. This did not happen at the hands of a supposed criminal. It did not happen at the hands of a minority, it happened at the hands of a racist masquerading as a peace officer. I don’t want to be aligned with the history and it is shameful how willing we are to jump on the bandwagon expecting to sail through life. Deep down we all know the plight of a black person is grim and none of us would trade places with any known black person for any reason. So, deep down we all know we harbor some form of, or we are part of the systemic racism that has tormented the black race in the US since before their forced arrival here.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5330

• Vicki
  • Premium Member
I can’t proudly ride the white train anymore. I’m Italian, a part of the Latin culture, olive complexion. I am not White. I can say that now and not feel shame. But, I do fell shame because for years I bought into and took part in the injustices that have tormented black people for way to long. There is no excuse for it. Not even what happened to me. I’m glad I was able to correct my way of thinking and I now look forward to and will continue to do all I can to assist people in the black race because it’s time to do something that is really worthwhile in life. What we saw is just sickening. I can’t think of anyway to put it. My husband is a psychiatrist and he is so disturbed by this. He hasn’t been able to see patients because he’s having some trouble himself. Do we all understand what watching that did to so many of us? It was devastating. I had to compose myself before coming in because I’ve been just like Casey, a complete emotional wreck.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5331

• Adam
  • Premium Member
This is some of why I left the force. I want to be a part of something good, not this. I’m not proud of our race right now. I’m not proud of this country either. The rookies are innocent as well. They were just as helpless as the civilians standing around. All of us who have been in some form of public service, including the military, know how it feels or what it means to not go against your superiors. You do as you’re told. Remember that Gallagher guy in the navy, trump injected himself into that situation. He was a bad leader a major wasn’t he. They told on him but at the time they had to do what he ordered them to do. The rookies didn’t stand and watch a murder, like us they were forced to watch a murder. To the officer who tried to assist the old man, I beat now he wishes he had done what THE LORD laid upon his heart to do, but he allowed the enemy to pull him away. Sometimes, when we remember there is a God and God still sits on the REAL throne, we do step up when we see bad shit like this, it’s just corruption often runs deep. I didn’t give a damn. I found officers like me and we worked together.

But it was also the shit you have to see. They domestic violence shit. Child abuse that just breaks you down. I had to get out after my kiddo’s were left parentless. I had to worry about my own mental stability. I can breathe and it’s high time black people have a chance to catch their fucking breath! Black Lives Matter damnit, deal with it.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5332

• Justine
  • Premium Member
Shame, it is shameful and there has been enough covered up shame in this country. I don’t want to pass shame on to my kids I just can’t. I’ve been an emotional wreak. I’m hugging our adopted children and MY GOD I’m having the talk with them. I’m terrified God I’m so terrified. I’m scared a cop is going to murder my sons. I can’t stop seeing it dad. It was like watching a scene from a horror show. I’ve lived a sheltered guarded life Daddy. We never knew any of this was happening to this degree. I remember hearing about Michael Brown but I’ve watched the documentary about it on Starz and Shame, all I feel is shame right now. What is there to be proud of? What? That we prosper literally at the expense of those made weaker? That is nothing to be proud of. Racism is ugly, I want his ugly face out of my memory and I don’t know how to get it out! BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!! It helps me to say it.

Black Lives Matter 3 years 10 months ago #5333

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Casey, you need to spend some time away. You will now have PTSD as this was very traumatic for you. I feel it. Go see Dad, then see Granddad. It’s all right. It will be all right and it is not your shame. You are a good person in every way, now this, own this, and we will make a difference together. I promise we will keep your babies safe.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds