Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: "Success"

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4827

• Niobi
I think I’m a part of the third group as well. I start off poor but not in this country. I have desire for a better life out of my home country. I go out to find this when opportunity come to me. I not to hesitate. I to seize moment like article says. I was afraid but determine to have better life. I do this and I find my mate, my faith, and a new country for me and my entire family. I agree the old testament is history account and like to know that the ten commandments are lesson in morality.

The greed is so much bad! Excess is bad. My parents dance as I read this article to them. I struggle because it make me emotional. Miles have to help me. He so good son. How they to do this to so many people? Why? This is what thinking one to be better than others do. YES it sin. I so emotional. Wonderful article this one is.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4828

• Adam
  • Premium Member
I’m mentally a part of group 3 but financially a part of group 4. I am not as arrogant as I was before finding my faith and I absolutely love how this article brakes down how it is excessive behavior that corrupts our basic desires. I think it’s a damn shame how ignorant to many people are when it comes to this. I mean it is so clear. I now can see how the excessive belief in being better is in itself destructives and is clearly on the verge of destroying our country. I have to agree, for too long the idea of being privilege has been tolerated and not it threatens to be the very thing that divides a nation and that is very dangerous.

I just saw a story about nursing homes kicking people out who are on medicare and medicaid to make room for patients who have more means. They just dump them on the side of the road. What in God's name is wrong with people? Many people are affected by the way those who have treat people in group two. To think, the answer as as simple as excess kind of turns my stomach. Wanting more than you need, deserve or that is necessary. It's so clear and true it's mind boggling.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4829

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
I saw that on the news this morning Adam. Prime example of wanting more than is needed, deserved, and certainly necessary. They dumped him on the sidewalk homeless and he's sick. That is sick. I wouldn't want to work for that nursing home nor would I want my parents in such a vile place. Imagine how they treat the residence who can pay, just imagine.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4831

• Justine
  • Premium Member
I grew up privilege and I know all the ideas that go along with the concept. I also think it’s wrong because it forces minorities, especially black people in America into a system of poverty. I have to agree, sadly, it is members in group three and four that do everything they can to make sure black people remain in a state of poverty, the majority of them.

I can’t believe how simple it is. Excessive behavior turns our desires into sins because it makes our desires exaggerated and it starts to hurt others. It’s not just being greedy, it’s completely being oblivious to the suffering of others because of what we feel we are intitled to as the privilege. The greed of privilege is so intense the planet is at risk and that is a damn shame.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4833

• Jess
Mentally I’m a member group three and I’d like to say, Mason and Mark are very gifted. This was brilliant, and very impressive. Greed is a horrible thing and excess is without a doubt, the root to our sin. It literally corrupts our nature. It’s as simple as wanting more than is needed and necessary. Of course, it’s causing hardship for others, sadly this kind of excessiveness is destructive in every way. This breaks our problem down to laymanize so we all can understand. Terms. It is hard and sad to hear that it is the behaviors of those who are fortunate, sometimes unbeknown to them because of their inability to relate, and their unwillingness to comprehend, their excess is at the expense of those who are already suffering. I remember my parents wanting to have parties and requiring the household staff spend special times with family, working. I remember finding the housekeeper near tears and my mother knew she was upset but she brushed it off, it bothered me and I told her I wasn’t interested in her party. I ran off. When my dad found me I told him why was what mom wanted to do more important than Ruth spending time with her family. I believe someone was sick and she wanted to go be with them. Dad agreed and he went and told Ruth to take the next couple days off and she burst into tears of gratitude. Mom wasn’t happy but dad told her if a child was disturbed by her behavior that was really all there was to say. She glared at me and I glared back at her. I told her she was a mean, heartless person and I still wasn’t interested in her party. Two days later she came to me in tears and apologized. We have to care about how we treat others. Our feelings are not the only ones that matter. That’s how simple believe one is privilege is. That’s how easy it is to really hurt someone else. Ruth’s husband was battling Cancer. He was very ill and died later that year. To keep her from her sick husband was simply cruel. When mom found out who was sick and what the illness was she felt horrible. But she would not have thought twice about it if I hadn’t been so disturbed by Ruth’s tears. It’s terrible.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4835

• Vicki
  • Premium Member
I grew up mostly as a member of group four. It’s not that I didn’t care about people in group two, I just didn’t think about them, I was worse, I was indifferent. That superior attitude helped contribute to racist views, which contributed to me marrying the monster I married and living the frightening horrible life I lived. So, sometimes we really do hurt ourselves when we are inspired by selfish notions. I have to say the idea of imagining growing up in a life where all you do is worry about your basic needs, removes all my desire to shut down social programs that help the poor. All the money that is wasted helping those who don't need our tax dollars could so easily be transferred into helping ease some of the pressure people in poverty live with daily. Word of the day, EXCESS!!! WOW!!!
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds