Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: "Success"

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4837

• Linden
  • Premium Member
We grew up in group three. Mom could always access money but dad would lose his mind whenever she did. He made her feel bad so we lived middle class lives with a man who clearly had self-esteem issues. Mom spent most of her days reassuring him. I think it’s a shame how hard it is for minorities. The wage thing is a problem because they don’t want to pay, but they really don’t want to give minorities what they deserve. It’s this mentally that they should be glad to have a job, feel lucky they are being paid at all. What kind of shit is that? Of course they deserve to have fair and equal pay, but it’s the privilege thing, like the article says that is doing minorities a horrible disservice.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4839

• Jazze
  • Premium Member
I grew up in group four but my father has always been a better person. He says he was racist but he really wasn’t. I remember having black and brown friends, that I still have, coming to the house and being treated like my white friends. with respect and kindness, from my dad anyway, mom was a different story. I remember asking my dad to give my friend best friend, a black lady, a job because she was really struggling, he gave her an office job and paid her what he paid all of his clerical staff. When we talk about it she still cries. She asks me why my dad says that about himself because he’s never been racist nor has he tolerated at his business offices or worksites. I agree. I love my black mother, and I’m so proud of the work my father does with the less fortunate, especially since joining our faith group. My dad is all of that and a bag of chips! I love you daddy!!!

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4841

• Shawn
  • Premium Member
I am white but grew up in a house full of level one and two people. My foster parents couldn’t think for themselves about how to go to the bathroom. They were poor because my step father gambled all the time. I found out as an adult that every article of clothing, pair of shoes, my eyeglasses, my underwear, my socks every damn thing I needed was supplied by my mother. Everything. They finally told me not long ago when they came to pay their condolences after just hearing about my mother’s death. She did love me and I went most of my life thinking she didn’t. We have met our biological father, he’s, let’s just say it’s best he stays out of our lives. But my brother’s father is really great. Today…I think I’m a member of the third group, and glad to be a part of a group that reaches back to the second group and extends a hand.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4843

• Val
  • Premium Member
In light of what we are dealing with in this country it’s clear that even if people are in the 4th group, they can clearly be as lazy in their mind as the members in the 1st group. Our father isn’t in the 4th group but he is in the 1st group completely excessively, mentally lazy. Personally, I’m in the 3rd group, and I also am very glad we reach back with an extended hand. I’m really glad to be a part of this group because this article is so eye-opening and reinforces my comfort with my spiritual success.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4845

• Aaron
  • Premium Member
I grew up in group four but my heart and mentality is in group three. I’ve never felt special for any reason. I felt like something was missing because I wanted to be with my parents not my grand parents and I knew my dad was being shunned because he is also born into group four but mentally in group three. I’m just my father's son and I’m glad we are all in a place we all fit comfortably in. I’m glad my grandfather is finally happy. He really loves his new wife and OMG she loves him. I guess he was born an raised in group four but his heart was actually in group three too but his crazy wife made him feel like he had to hob nob with the snobs.

I am finally getting a glimpse into the world people in group two live in and it's frightening. I'm also noticing how strong and right black people are because there are so many bad white people in the world. Maybe it's always been that way and we just didn't realize that it's the well off and white that make is so hard for so many others. I am glad to finally be a part of a movement that is building up, reaching back, reaching out and doing something worthwhile, something that matters. Great article Mason and Mark

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4847

• lindsey
  • Premium Member
I grew up in group 3 and mentally I’m still a part of that group. My heart really goes out to the people in group 2 and I am so glad we in our spiritually successful group, reach back and pull as many of them up and out as we can. I can’t believe the root to sin is excessive behavior but, the simplest things are always so easily overlooked. Great one Senior group members!!! :cheer: :lol: So OLD :evil: so wise :silly:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds