Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: "Success"

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4903

• Karen
  • Premium Member
OMG…where are they you two?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4904

• Rod
  • Elite Member
You know, when my clients see the cause of a dilemma clearly the first thing out of their mouth is that’s all and they laugh or they cry. This is normal those of you who are emotional after reading this article. Sometimes it’s hard to see the simplest things. This article confirmed this even for me. As a psychologist I proudly can say I learn more about human behavior from the McGinnis’ than I’ve learned in all my years of education and hands on experience. This was a very well written article Mason and Mark. It is scary what the two of you do when you get together. :cheer: . What a difference excess makes and that makes totally sense. To want more than is needed or required to live can be nothing but a problem. It also explains why capitalism is not democratic. Yes all we have to do is look around and realize this is true. I read so many stories about what is contributing to the housing crisis in this country and it is all centered around greed. I also saw the story about the nursing home that put the sick poor man on Medicare, out in the street to make his room available to patients that can pay. We live in a cruel and unjust world, that is evident when we look at how people will not stand behind our constitution and hold a tyrant accountable. We are living in scary times and I’m not only disgusted with the president, I’m disgusted with all his supporters, in and outside of congress. No one is better than anyone else especially based on ethnicity. And we need to stop wanting more than is needed to sustain our lives, because this is what is sucking the life out of so many on this planet, down to the planet itself.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Rod.

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4905

• nicoli
How dare you let me think I had a secret. Damn bro :lol: I should have known you know and you were way to pissed off. Karen I will bring them to the next meeting. Mark has spoken to them and they said the king gave them a call and they have to comply :lol: .

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4906

• Kendra
  • Premium Member
Mark, you are right as are you Doc Rod. I grew up in group three but experienced all of the hardships that go along with being an ethnic part of group two. We walk through life feeling as if we are carrying the wait of oppression on our shoulders at all times. We fear being out at night alone, we fear the police, we fear trying to be normal and being attacked, we fear shopping because we could be accused of doing something and end up coming into contact with police. We have kids who can’t sale water outside their home without having the police called on them. We have kids who can’t play in a park without someone calling the cops on them resulting in their death. We have young women in their home being shot down through a window by police. We have to fear letting our sons out at night because we don’t know if they’ll come back home. We can’t find good jobs, we can’t find adequate housing we can afford. It’s very hard living in black and brown skin, no matter which group you belong to. This article found that burden, sometimes buried deep inside of us affected most by it. Knowing that it is an excessive idea of wanting and deserving more that causes the heave burden we walk through life carrying is jaw dropping. Never have the seven deadly sins been more clear than they are after reading this article.

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4907

• Rocky
  • Elite Member
Of course, I grew up in group two but I have to say mentally I’ve always been a part of group three. All I can say is excess leads to destruction so it’s clear to see why this is sinful. It really does validate the seven deadly sins. It looks like we need to add a few more. Capitalism, and Privilege. Both of these are extreme excessive things because I think it’s a little more than behavior, more like ideologies. I agree we have to just do what we can to separate ourselves from the ways of the world and stick to doing the will of the Most High. We need to remember our moral stance and never weaver from it. We should also strive to be more in line with the seven heavenly virtues which are: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility.

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4908

• Emily
  • Administrator
As I read this article, I couldn’t help but be grateful I was raised by a man like my father. There is so much ugly in this world it’s a crying shame. I would say we were upper middle-class group three financially and mentally. But I tell you what, my mother was definitely level one or is, she’s still alive. I think this is were we find most of the 95% but a large chunk are in group four as well. Group one is full of lazy people but so is group four, having everything handed to them. They don’t have to work hard, work at all for anything. Not all people in this group are like Mark, Luke, Justin, the men in our group. Most of them are the reason so man suffer and are denied entitlements vital to sustain lives. It’s really bad when a person from this group, who is lazy by nature, but can buy their way into positions of authority. It’s also really bad for people in group one to be positions of authority, this is evident. We have people in positions who are demonic. I disgusted with our government and I’ve always disliked the CIA. They are legal criminals doing horrible things under the guise of national security. They act like black people are so bad, it’s white men!!! White men in positions of power just like the discovery channel said many years ago. The evil runs deep and I think we look to trump as a example but I think it’s people in intelligence that are bad as well and they are good at covering their tracks and making excuses for what they do. Will we ever know all that they do to make sure minorities don’t progress in this country? Who’s behind their struggle, their futile fight for success, hindered by invisible forces, designed to ensure minorities, especially blacks, are oppressed, incarcerated, killed by a slow form of genocide. Also denied an ability to obtain adequate education. What do we know? Why do I feel this is so horrible it will be hard to fathom? How many horror stories have we been denied about the horror many black people are forced to live in this country? I was one of those who was very badly affected by the reality of this article. PRIDE!!! One of the seven deadly sins, and excessive feeling of superiority!!!
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds