Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: "Success"

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4864

• Brad
  • Premium Member
Benji I can see how this made you feel in some way vindicated. Like Mary, I can’t imagine what it feels like to worry about how to make it through a day. I simply can’t imagine not having enough money for food. I think all of us who do have need to think about what if we didn’t, just for a minute. This is why I think many people in group four are also a part of group one. They don’t think past what is in their world and that’s just as lazy and clearly more destructive. Excess is straight to the point. To many of us can’t see past our own greed. I saw that on the news too Adam and I just shook my head. I think they should be criminally charged and this is not Capitalism the article is right. This is inhumane, savage, and criminal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4865

• Loreen
  • Administrator
I have to say, when the two of you get together and work on an article it turns out to be a masterpiece. This article touched me the way it touched Benji. I grew up in group two as well, and I was fortunate to have someone reach out and help me achieve and education that helped me find lucrative employment and better my life. I know so many people in group one including family members. And man oh man it is so clear that it is excessive behavior that ruins success for far to many people, another righteous article you two…well done! :cheer:

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4866

• TJ
  • Premium Member
Lawd, let me tell you, I really know how Benji felt reading this article. I don’t have to imagine poverty, I lived in it and OMG, it’s tragic, it’s torture on a daily basis. I mean hotdogs, eggs, and peanut butter. When I had chicken I felt like I was getting a treat. If I got two meals a day I felt lucky. I didn’t want to think about tomorrow, I wanted to live in the moment of having some chicken and having a full stomach at that moment. I remember cold showers in the winter because the gas bill wasn’t paid and we had not heat or hot water, we had space heaters but no heat. I wonder how I survived I really don’t know. Mason, Dad, you hit right at the heart of my pain that can now begin to heal. I swear I didn’t know how much it hurt. I swear.

I am now a member of the fourth group financially but mentally I am a member of the third group. It’s hard to believe, after asking why so many times, the answer is excessive behavior. Fucking wanting more than one is entitled to. More than they need! WAY MORE!!! People are suffering! OMG…I love this article.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by TJ.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4867

• Alex
  • Premium Member
I saw how much this affected my husband and I cried. My parents cried. This is a crying shame Mason, Mark. It’s is really shameful. And to think it’s this excessive need to be better that drives many of the things that insure others live lives of torment and despair. I grew up in group three in the UK and I’m glad I didn’t grow up in the US. Living here has been an eye-opening experience especially when it comes to understand how badly racism affects minorities in this country. Seeing the ugliness first hand and knowing it’s an excessive need to be better that drives this kind of thing is jaw-dropping. No one deserves to have more more more to the detriment of others no one. It’s scary, it’s really scary how inhumane to many humans are and Mason I watched those two shows about “White Boy Rick”. Law enforcement in this country is almost as criminal as those who violate the so-called law. Where is the real leadership? I’m worried about our children. And it’s not just here in the United States, it’s everywhere.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4868

• Miles
  • Premium Member
I very emotional because this not only affected my brother, touching a part of him that was so wounded, it also gave insight into my aunt’s plight in life for so many years. I grew up as a part of group four of course. Mentally I to believe I fall into group three. I think about waking up every day wondering what the day will bring as far as basic needs we are all entitled to because they sustain our lives. People are being priced out of their homes and they work. Greed, the delusion of capitalism dressed up to look democratic and good. It’s killing us, this broken idea of capitalism. There is nothing fair about it and people are dying for goodness sake. Excess is a bitch that’s what I took from this article. And who the hell do white people think they are, the ones who honestly believe they are entitled to more simply because they are white? Really? If you ask me they might be born into group four but like it’s been said they are really parts of group one mentally.

"Success" 4 years 4 months ago #4869

• Beth
  • Premium Member
I am still shaking my head because it is as simple as wanting to be or have more than we deserve or need. I can honestly see how excess distorts desire transforming them into sin. I’ve seen it among the members of the group I was born in to. They honestly think they are better because they have more. They think they are blessed, favored by God. I don’t know why when they cause so much suffering. I guess this is what distorting scripture gives them the power to peddle to society, that God favors some because of the color of their skin. We are to stupidly believe that means they are superior, better than others in the human race and that absolutely is not true. I didn’t see the story about the nursing home but I think they should be boycotted for this kind of disgusting behavior. What a difference exposure makes.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds