Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: "Success"

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4870

• Doug
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I grew up and remain in group three. I know people of all ethnicities who are living in poverty and I know it’s a struggle living that way. They keep talking about income inequality in the news. Why won’t they do something about it. We have a president that is robbing the average American daily, and they can’t even afford housing and are becoming homeless because the cost are just ridiculous. Yes, I can honestly say I agree excess is a sin in every way. It simply magnifies behaviors that aren’t that attractive in us, making them monstrously hideous. It’s not good to be lazy, it’s not good to struggle pacing ourselves in all aspects of life. No, White people are not better than other Ethnicities. NO! They do not deserve to have so much while others are severally struggling. They can’t keep food in their homes if they can keep homes. Yes it’s time we all realize capitalism is not free enterprise. It’s time we got off social media and started paying attention to the truth. People, too many people, are a part of group one in some way or another. It’s like Mason says, she keeps her house clean on her own because she rejects the notion that she doesn’t feel like doing it right now, or she’ll do it later. She says she does it right away especially when she doesn’t want to. How many people do that? We live in a world where the buck gets passed, and we put off doing something until later when it can be done right away. That is lazy!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4871

• Barb
  • Premium Member
I grew up in group four, and I can’t believe how many of us actually are a part of that group financially, but I’m a member of the third group. I knew I was a member of that group when I listened to the voice inside of me that told me I can be whatever I want to be. It gave me the strength to leave follow my heart despite having no real support, emotionally, from my “too busy” parents. Something in me always knew I would do a better job despite having no idea how. I am not a lazy person and I am so glad and I know many people in group one who are born into group four.

I was also very disturbed when I tried to imagine not knowing what to do if I couldn’t or didn’t know how I was going to provide my next meal. I have no idea what it feels like not to have the things I need in life. I honestly think that would break me because I was consumed with depression just thinking about it. It’s a terrible. I am glad there are people like us who do care and that gives me hope. I’m glad we can learn what makes things go so wrong and wow, it’s hard to believe it’s something as simple as being excessive. WOW!

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4872

• Carmine
  • Elite Member
I grew up in group three, spent some time in group two, decided I liked being a part of the average crowd not the uppity group. I like being down to earth and poor people are real people, not fake. They don’t have time for all of that. I don’t know what it feels like to be unable to provide for myself and my family but I can imagine because I’ve been locked up. That’s a terrible way to live and far to many minorities are incarcerated in this country. It is definitely a need to be better that is the root to all the problems in the world. I have to agree, privilege is the extreme of superior, better than. You know, the seven deadly sins are making more and more sense, why they are so damn deadly that is. Excessiveness, that is definitely the answer. Doesn’t it feel good to know you have figured out some mind-boggling shit, or that your eyes have been open to the reason for it?

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4873

• Tina
  • Premium Member
Well, I grew up in the 2nd group and I know how Benji and TJ feel. I still find it hard to adjust to living without worry. Carmine made sure we didn’t even have to worry while he was…upstate (big smile). It is easier to manage your life when survival isn’t a day to day concern. I read this to my mother and she dropped her head and nodded. She said no one ever thinks about how hard life is for poor people. They are the forgotten, the looked over, the messed over. Then she said hope is in people like those in the Gnostic group who genuinely care about those who are left behind. We are lucky to find people like the members of the Gnostic faith, who know how destructive excessive acts clearly are. And furthermore, the Most High does not favor those who would do ugly, especially the kind that leads to death. I really enjoyed this article because it opened our eyes to something we overlook all the time. Something that does so much damage and we don’t give it a second thought.

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4874

• Josh
  • Premium Member
I can’t believe it’s something we never think about to the degree that it is the root of the problem. I mean, I grew up and remain a part of the fourth group. I know I was responsible for causing suffering but never attributed it to my desire for more. I will not lie. I always went for more of something. More, way beyond what is needed simply because I can afford it. I read Jess’ story about his mother and I know that, I am guilty of disregarding the lives of the household staff. I never even asked about their lives. Here I was thinking I was a good person and I realize I’m part of the problem.

I read this article and decided I needed to do something about the way I conduct myself. I don’t want to be part of the problem. As a Gnostic I know I am not valued more than anyone else just because I am financially better off than many people. I asked the staff to give me family information so that I can make sure they are able to put their families first. I’m glad I did because I had a young mother struggling, working for us and I increased her pay and gave her more time off and will be providing assistance with childcare for her. I don’t want to be a part of the problem and I have to admit excessive behavior is a habit, a nasty habit.

"Success" 4 years 3 months ago #4875

• Ashley
  • Premium Member
I grew up in group 2 as well. We were poor white trash, seriously. But I always wanted a better life. I ran off with a guy that I married and he was a disaster. I guess mentally I was always a member of the third group. I never forgot how hard life was growing up and the stress on my parents was parents. I never knew my mother, who was half black, she gave me to my father. When I searched for her I found out she was killed when I was two or three. She was murdered. Now I live in the income bracket of the fourth group and I have for most of my adult life. I am a follower so I leave how the household staff is treated up to my husband, I did with Caleb as well, who was very sympathetic to people who don’t have much. He was nice to his employees, the people who worked in our home, and everyone he met. I think Josh is nice too but I noticed a change over the past few days and I know it’s because of this article. I’m so glad to be a part of this group because I need to know greed for anything is destructive. I really needed this lesson on the effects of excessive behavior, destruction.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds