Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: This Is What I Teach

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4093

• Mary
  • Premium Member
I loved the article because like my sister said we were basically forced to be people who we weren’t. I had to come to the realization I was dying inside. I hated my first husband, I can openly say that now, hated. I was so miserable. This marriage is so different. I am free so to be me and it was literally like being released from prison. I agree, being me is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4096

• TJ
  • Premium Member
I am like Rocky I had no idea how to be anything other than myself and that was scared and confused. I met Marc and Jay and they took me in, well I found the site and met them. They took me in like I said and things began to get better for me. I agree with my dad, I is best to be yourself, be all that you can be, be the best you that you can be, love you, respect you, honor what you value, and cherish what you love.

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4097

• Alex
  • Premium Member
I also had to learn to be myself and I realized it before I lost everything. All was not lost and my life was put back on track. I’m glad my husband took me back. I’m glad he saw me through all my mask and I had to accept the fact that he was right, I was being fake. Yeah…it doesn’t pay to lie to yourself, which always leads to lying to everyone else. That’s no way to live and I’m glad I learned that lesson before it was too late.

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4099

• Miles
  • Premium Member
I love my pop. He taught me well. I love my grandpa he taught my pop well. It took time but I finally got my shit together and pop divorcing mom was a new lease on life for me. It took her out of my life and I was able to breath and work through the many ways I was trying to escape my life. It’s amazing and sad how much damage one person can do to another person’s life. Taking mom out of our lives lifted a heavy tarp that was holding me down. I was free and it feels good. Things are so much better for me now. I’m not accusing her of the mess I was making of my life those were my choices, I am saying she deliberately pitted me against dad all the time and put me in positions that were uncomfortable when it came to my dad and his side of the family. Now that I can breathe, I can tell her no I’m not a pone on your chest board any longer. It feels good to be free and to be able to really be me and love who I am.

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4100

• Beth
  • Premium Member
Mom I’m sorry dad had been such a pain. We are here for you and Pop Jess and if I wasn’t married I’d change my name to the one you now have. Thank you for leading us to our faith. For being strong when we needed you to be You showed me what it means to do what is right. I now feel free to be me at all times without being made to feel stupid like my biological father always made me feel. I am encouraged to be proud and I truly am, not just with myself butt with my entire family. Let’s just continue being ourselves like Mark says we should because it is working for us. We Shine!!!

This Is What I Teach 4 years 11 months ago #4103

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Loreen mine was “If loving you is wrong, I don’t want to be right” I didn’t know what the hell that meant when I was young.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds