Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Virtual Communication

Virtual Communication 8 months 3 weeks ago #8118

• Luke
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
OMG Mike that was one of those defining moments for all of us. For those of us who never have that worry, and to have someone we know and love experiencing being pulled over because he is driving while black was seriously eye opening. It allowed us to see what goes on, how devastating it is. These are people! Tax paying members of our society, taxes that pay law enforcement salaries. I remember Jay yelling that. I was also on the line. I remember the children so afraid for their father. I have never been more glad to be there to insure a life was spared that night. The reason we feel it was a nefarious situation is because there was no reason to pull TJ over except, he was driving while black. It was so blatant. So, yes we had every reason to be concerned about TJ’s safety that night.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Virtual Communication 8 months 3 weeks ago #8119

• Alex
  • Premium Member
I know a little bit about virtual technology and not all of it is AI per say. That’s the part I’m not concerned about and think it is valuable. My discomfort with AI is the potential for it to become self-aware and decide, based on humans like Trump and his supporters, that the human race is a threat to everything that lives, because this would be undeniable fair. So we don’t want it to wake up and see the truth. Trump and his supporters are a threat to all humanity and clearly violent. I’m sure all of you have seen the brawl that took place in Alabama. It was racially motivated and these are the kind s of people who back trump. He’s not going anywhere until he is forced to. I don’t know why he’s still alive. But…he is. All of them, Mitch McConnell froze while giving a speech. He’s old. Why don’t they retire for goodness sake. Mark, let us know when he’s found guilty, please :lol:

I really like the visual stuff and do remember reading about it in UE long before it actually became available. I remember their days of renting movies and have to admit when TJ was pulled over with the kids in the car was a very frightening night for us all. I’m glad it turned out that my husband and children made it home safely but we will never forget what happened.

Virtual Communication 8 months 3 weeks ago #8120

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
My God, that was such a turning point of me Mike. I remember it like it was yesterday. Such an emotionally impacting moment for all of us.

Virtual Communication 8 months 3 weeks ago #8121

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
We feel it all the time. That is exactly what it is like for us. Black mother’s fearing every time our sons leave the house, driving a car. Praying to God they will make it safely home, remembering all the young black men who do not, who die at the hands of law enforcement. It is extremely traumatizing.

Virtual Communication 8 months 3 weeks ago #8122

• Miles
  • Premium Member
Uncle Luke…Cole is coming around. I see him often. He’s not sure how to approach you and of course, his mother isn’t happy about it but like you said, he’s a grown man now. I told him to just reach out to you.

I like the visual technology as well for all the reason’s listed. I don’t know much about virtual stuff, but agree AI is frightening for all the reason’s we have discussed. I do remember all the things Dad mentioned. I miss many things about those times. I know I like the satellite when dad got that we could see everything. I remember when they took normal television away forcing everyone to get some form of cable or satellite services, making some kinds of televisions obsolete. I don’t really know about virtual technology, not that I’m aware of anyway. AI is concerning, I agree with that.

All I have to say about trump and his followers is I’m waiting for guilty. I look at that brawl and they say 24 to 48 hours after trump holds a rally racial violence breaks out in the place where he held the rally. They need to stop allowing him to hold rally based on the violence he invokes.

Virtual Communication 8 months 3 weeks ago #8123

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Nico was tough. Not many things brought out a physical reaction like this did TJ. His hands were shaking during the encounter. He felt powerless because he wasn’t right there with you. When he told TJ to hang up the phone and Jay screamed NO! Nico screamed no as well. He told me to call Luke and I did. Luke told him he was sending someone to the scene right away. Luke was the one who asked him why he pulled TJ over. He told him he was calling his commanding officer immediately and warned him TJ better not have a scratch on him or he’d see how far money would talk for the rest of his life. Nico told him to think about it. TJ was the wrong black kid and that was the wrong night. He heard them and he let TJ go. I bet he will never forget that either. Not all black people are defenseless. TJ was wise to call Jay because Jay don’t play. :lol:
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by JackeeM.
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds