Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Self-control

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6554

• Rocky
  • Elite Member
I experienced people doing things to people just because they could and enjoying it. It’s like a father who molests his daughter, she’s helpless and he does this simply because he can, to me that is a person who is completely without self-control and I’ve had many people like that in my life especially when I was younger. I agree abused children learn immediately how to master self-control but some of them grow up and just fall of the edge of the cliff.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6555

• Emily
  • Administrator
Mason always says depressed people are selfish, and I think she is right. They are so busy wattling in self-petty they can’t see beyond it. It becomes an excuse for them to do all the terrible things they do. I’ve had those kinds of experiences especially when dealing with my mother’s side of the family. I think people who lean to much on any kind of mental disability, especially if they are treating people around them badly, lack self-control.

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6556

• Niobi
I think men in many countries refuse to accept woman as equal and they treat them terribly even in US. They have little self-control and now here in US they to take away woman right to make medical decisions about her own body. To me this is people who have no control of self and it is devastating.

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6557

• Josh
  • Premium Member
Honestly, I think the January 6th insurrection showed the world how letting White Supremist have control over themselves. White people all over the world have gone so long feeling like they are special, the white privilege thing has just made them feel like they can do whatever they want to do no matter who it hurts. They are white so they are right and that simply bullshit. I am White but I am Jewish and I’ve been victimized by white antisemitism more times than I am comfortable with. People who are ruled by their hate totally lack self-control.

Self-control 2 years 4 months ago #6558

• Kay
  • Premium Member
I struggled with self-control for many years. I simply struggled to control my mouth. I said the first thing that came to mind and simply didn’t give any thought to how it may make anyone feel. I said very hurtful things to my parents and I live with regret because I didn’t have much time with them and I can never make it better. I am a better person today, but my mom and dad are no longer here. So, lacking self-control hurts the person in the long run, more so than those they hurt at any given time.

Self-control 2 years 4 months ago #6559

• Chris
  • Elite Member
There is nothing worse than a person who can’t control their damn self. Mom was like this, greedy, selfish, racist, and full of hate. She made selfish choices that were so destructive. Mom died selfish to the end thinking about herself. Not us, not feeling any remorse for the people she has hurt in life. The white privilege thing stays with some white people all they way up until they take their last breath. This is how it is for people who believe in something so strongly they lose all sense of reality thus all sense of self control.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds