Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: What is Democracy?

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6726

• Jess
I’m with Rod on everything he said. Most of the time we don’t even think about how what we do, or don’t do, literally affects others. The problem is also that we live in the world of me and mine, and we don’t think beyond what is in our personal orbit. But, our orbit is affected by what is outside all the time. You see, infection starts somewhere. If Covid taught us anything, it was how quickly infections can spread and take over. If nothing is done to fight the infection, or if little is done and a complete resolution is not undertaken, although it may seem like the infection is under control, it suddenly flares up again but this time it’s worse than it was the time before.

So, not only does not knowing ones history deny them heritage, it also teaches them how not to repeat crucial mistakes of the past. Make no mistake about it, trying to suppress crucial, vital parts of history to spare adults some embarrassment, shame, or feelings of guilt benefits no one, as it results in horrible wrongs being repeated with uncertain outcomes.

Now, why are some adults embarrassed about atrocities of the past? Because they are guilty of similar atrocities in the future. If you don’t have anything to be ashamed of then you have no wish, no desire, to suppress things done in the past. These parents don’t want their children to associate things they have witnessed being discussed in school because they think the dirty little things they do in the dark, will never come to light. We all know this is not true. This is why many of us White People have no fear of the past, as we know horrible things were done and need to be made right. We want these things to be made right. We want the truth to set us free. Please, do not be fooled. Ignorance is a form of prison and no one should desire to be imprisoned. We do not live in a complete democratic society because to many within the society do not wish us to have a complete democracy. To many want to choose who they will be allowed to participate in any of the American forms of democracy. If they can’t limit who participates they will settle for an authoritarian form of government, which forces those they don’t desire to have an equal part in decision into a subjugated position in life. This is what you see happening today. It’s our job to make sure they don’t succeed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6727

• Vicki
  • Premium Member
I’m reading and nodding my head. I am angered by the judge’s inability to sympathize with a grieving family but was able to sympathize with a murdering officer. A life is gone, lost. Many lives will forever be affected. Her weak ass decision insured their lives will always be affected. They will never know justice not by the hand of this country’s justice system. It’s years of injustice and leaning toward officers even when and if they are bad. How long or normal citizens supposed to lay down and accept injustices in this country? I am so glad African Americans continue to fight for equality and I agree, all we can do is join them because at the end of the day, equality is the best thing for all of us. Someone said thin skin, hum. Then skin and big empty heads. No vision, nothing useful to contribute to life, humanity as a whole. They don’t even want to do something to insure they remain healthy. It’s disgusting, and beyond disgraceful. It is deplorable.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6728

• Lydia
  • Premium Member
I believe that now none of us can deny there is a serious problem in this country. I think it is now crystal clear why there is a problem, who is creating the problem, and why they are doing it. I have to agree, we can’t sit back and act like it doesn’t matter we have to do our part to make sure the party of Trump does not succeed. I sometimes can’t believe we have some of the worst, stupid people in position of power. The Florida governor, that Green woman, so many others. It’s disgusting. If we had a flawless system these people would not be in the positions they are in. What is it with humans? I mean, why don’t they learn, ever! How is this world ever going to evolve into something better for all people? What is it going to take? I mean, they found an excuse to not take Covid seriously. They want to make us believe it stared in a lab in China. NO it came from Earth herself! It makes me sick how many people believe that. It just makes me sick. To many humans are just willfully blind and stupid. Is this species worth salvaging? I just don’t know. Are there enough good humans to really make a difference? I want to see good prevail. I just want to see something positive come out of all this negative.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Lydia.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6729

• Chris
  • Elite Member
Well, that’s why I don’t live in the U.S. anymore. I’m glad to be home around sensible people who are vaccinated. I think things are crazy all over the world but the racial situation in the United States is off the chain. This age of maneuver to deny certain people a right to vote and choose their representatives is hard to believe they are trying it again. It never gets better for the very reasons the docs have said. This has been a very intense deep conversation and if people don’t walk away from this knowing something, That’s a damn shame. Fight the power folks that’s all we can do.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds