Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: What is Democracy?

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6720

• Benji
  • Premium Member
No Mark to tell it like it is, AMEN JAY!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6721

• Adam
  • Premium Member
Well damn Jay, :lol: :lol: :lol: I’m sure glad I’m not thin skinned. He’s right and I do know what you mean. People with thin skin are the ones that need the most back up. They keep up the most trouble and can dish it out a plenty but sure as hell can’t take it. So, Ben, the ones complaining are the ones who perpetuate the problem we have of inequality in this country. They are the ones who need to feel like they are better. Like the poor, disgusting people they found to be overseers on plantations. They were always the scum of the earth and enjoyed torturing African Americans simply because they could. It’s like bad officers finding the weakest in the district to put under their thumb. In packs they torment minorities simply because they can. I think there needs to be another way to evaluate if someone is worthy of being in law enforcement and the military needs to crack down as well, background checks for placement, no matter the rank. I mean can you imagine what kind of generals Flynn and Kelly were? They latched on to trump way to quickly to have been good men. But, everything in the dark will come to light. But think of all the bad they did that was covered up. It’s scary. So, it continues because of the bad people we have in charge, the lack of accountability, and complacency. That is why we aren’t really a democratic society, to many of us refuse to include members of our society.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Adam.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6722

• Rod
  • Elite Member
I’ve been silent as long as I can stand it. Mary, I also watched how upset and hurt Dante’s family was living without him. He was killed so unnecessarily and at the end of the day, officers shooting and killing black males is indicative of the racism felt in the white community.

You see, to many white people don’t walk around using the ”N” word but they use it amongst themselves, I know they do because I’ve heard them doing it. So, we have people who have grown up in racist families like the one Barb described and they harbor those feelings all their lives. They learn to mask it, when necessary, remember the representative we all have, but the true nature and feelings one has about something eventually spill out.

Any officer shooting at a African American male as flagrantly as many of the officers in these cases where, a African American person has lost their life, harbors racist views toward African Americans. This is so evident in the recent case in New Jersey where the two officers came into a situation and immediately assumed the African American kid was the one in the wrong. They are racist and should not be in the positions they are in. No amount of training will dispel engrained or intense dislike of something or someone.

As we listen to what is going on in the Ahmaud Avery murder, those men were so full of hate it was only a matter of time before they did exactly what they ended up doing. There needs to be a more in-depth psychological evaluation of anyone who seeks to join a law enforcement agency of any kind. We simply can’t continue to higher people with these kinds of attitudes, beliefs, and hostilities as people in positions of authority and security. They are not qualified to be stewards of the law as they themselves are not law abiding.

Far too often we have heard tapes, seen social media post or witnessed some of these officers using racial slurs and speaking with contempt and complete disdain for and toward African-Americans. This is what is at the root of this not being a very democratic country. Until we weed out bad people in any position of authority, we will never be able to call ourselves a democratic society.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6723

• Emily
  • Administrator
Doc, thank you for saying that. It’s time we put some of this stuff into perspective. There is a root problem in this country that only festers because it’s never addressed properly. So yes, history keeps repeating itself over and over again because the problem is never dealt with at is core. That woman, after all that emotion, only got 2 years for murdering a young father. No justice at all. I feel so sorry for that family, and I like how Dante’s mother speaks out. I like what she says that’s why I agree, I can’t understand any damn white woman who is a republican in these times. They all make me sick, and many of them are worse than the men. You know what, racism women raise racist sons and daughters, it’s the women. Jay is right and so are many other in this group. Benji, some of us are tired of pretending everything is good, everything is fine. NO IT’S NOT!!!

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6724

• Tony
  • Premium Member
People are struggling to vote in a climate where horrible shit is still happening. I just want to know when will it end? I can’t see it happening when a murderer gets 2 years from taking a young father from his young son for no damn reason. Isn’t that the case of him being stopped for an air-freshener hanging on his rearview mirror in his car? It’s been so much it’s hard to keep up. All I can say right now, this is not a democracy with all this voter suppression going on, and I have to say it’s never been for black people I mean that is so obvious.

I’m with you Cas…I just don’t care about what is going on in other countries because too much is going on here. I don’t care with the government is doing in a bipartisan way when it comes to international situations while the don’t do a damn thing about what is happening domestically.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6725

• Mason
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12
Yes Tony…and expired tags.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds