Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: What is Democracy?

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6666

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
New article is up friends and family and it's starting the year off right where it needs to be. I for one do not thing America is very democratic and once again another black man has been murdered while laying in his home on his sofa wrapped in a blanket. Murdered by police bursting into his home unannounced. No, this is not democracy in any way shape or form. The constant attempt to silence African Americans is something that simply can no longer be ignored. It's even coming out in the NFL. I don't think it's new. I think like Mark says, it's just been shoved out of view by the powers that be and it's time we do our part to stop this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6667

• Ebony
  • Elite Member
Mark, I do not feel like, we black people, were ever meant to be included in the vision the forefathers or founders had when they wrote the constitution. This was proven immediately when slaves were not freed in this country, then they were only considered 3/5 a person, and to further comfort themselves about what they were doing we were considered animals. A vet was called when we became ill. It was so in humane. We are clearly human beings. So, when I look at what is happening today, I am not shocked. If white people could convince themselves what they were doing to Africans was in anyway acceptable, none of what is happening with them today shocks me. Since this country was founded white people in charge have done all they can to cover up the ugliness they do. Even if it means attempting to erase it from the history books, pretend it didn’t happen, cover it up, even refuse to and make it illegal to talk about a part of history that is so shameful not even they can stomach it. When I say they, I mean all those who want to stifle history.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6668

• JackeeM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I'd also like to say, I have been in America for over thirty years and I have never felt it was a very democratic system simply because it is obvious some of the citizens are not treated like citizens at all. I have to agree it is mostly the African-Americans who are treated this way. I agree Mark, we see many Mexican and Asian owned restaurants, the Asians even have Nail shops that are used by mostly African Americans. I never see many black owned restaurants, and the story you post ed Mark turns my stomach. The first thing it did was remind me of Black Wallstreet. As bad as the republicans are acting, and as much as I want to be surprised, I have to say, I’m a little shocked but I am not at all surprised.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6669

• Marc
  • Premium Member
Democratic? That depends on who you ask. I’m offended on so many levels. I’m Gay and I’m a man of color, a light skinned black man. To answer your question Uncle Mark, Hell No we are not going to take this sitting down and Hell no, we do not and never have lived in a democratic society, not black people.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6670

• Kendra
  • Premium Member
I have to say I don’t feel like I have lived in a democratic society at any point in my life and it’s because there are bad people in positions of power, white and black. Clarence Thomas is the worst justice ever appointed to this nation’s highest court. I mean as long as we are still being murdered in our homes by law enforcement it’s hard to feel like we are a part of any form of democracy. I hope that damn Manchin and Senima get kicked the hell out of congress, the senate. I don’t think we should ever forget just how little they did to protect voting rights.

What is Democracy? 2 years 2 months ago #6671

• Rocky
  • Elite Member
The news keeps talking about Russia invaded Ukraine. I can’t care about it because of all the shit going on in our country. The shit going on in this country is just damn ridiculous. The republicans have all lost their damn minds and I simply don’t see them recovering from this. I agree Mark, capitalism is what changed the idea the founding fathers had. It doesn’t have to be like that though. We also need younger people some of these senate and representative sets. We need more AOCs Then and only then will any damn thing change, significantly anyway.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds