Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Self-control

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6572

• Jess
It is shocking but does remind us that sometimes as much as we think we know someone, we actually don’t. I would never have guessed James was capable of hurting his daughter in that way. It is heart breaking and I can see why Rebecca was afraid to say anything to anyone. I can only imagine the things he said to her. This is a clear case of someone totally abusing their position and power. It shows how position and power can feed into one’s ability to control themselves because the get the feeling they can do just about whatever they want and get away with it. They don’t even try to control themselves at some point so it is clearly destructive especially bad with people in positions of power and authority lack self-control.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6573

• Karen
  • Premium Member
Luke…I’m so glad my son is not here to find this out. Everything happens for a reason, I don’t think Jordan could have stood this I really don’t.

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6574

• Luke
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
No…it would not have been good that is certain.

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6575

• Justine
  • Premium Member
This is just a reminder of how little we know about people even those who are close to us. It’s disheartening to know and I can use my imagination and conclude Becca was sexually assaulted or molested at some point in her life by her father. That is so very sad.

It also shocked me to find out about the woman we thought was our grandmother when she actually was not. I think these two examples give clear examples of how it looks if a person completely lacks self-control.

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6576

• Rhena
  • Premium Member
I can only imagine how hard all of this was for Rebecca. She was in so much emotion pain. I know a little of what she felt but I was rescued and something was done, she had to suffer in silence and fear. It is horrible. Angela, I am so sorry as this is coming to late after both your daughter and the judge have passed away. But we have some clear and good examples of how bad things are when an out-of-control person is in a position of authority and power, and is a parent…chaos and destruction.

Self-control 2 years 5 months ago #6577

• Mia
Justin, Mom was always sad. She hugged me a lot. She asked me if anyone was touching me inappropriately. She talked to me about steps to take and always said she could have kept me and my brothers. Mom was mean to Shawn because she thought he was her dads. She said that but she never said his name. She found out Shawn was not her dads and she was glad and sad at the same time. She said so much time had been wasted and she could never get it back. A lot makes since now. She talked in riddles like, I didn’t know what she was saying sometimes, now I do. Mom felt like she had no control of her life and it was driving her crazy. He told her she could not have any of her kids. I don’t know if he threatened her in some way or why he told her she couldn’t have her kids. But, this is the horror of what happens when a person has a powerful position and has no self-control and is on a power trip.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds