Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: May Meeting

May Meeting 2 years 10 months ago #6198

• Brice
  • Premium Member
I can honestly see how and why people lose faith in politicians. There are literally two democratic senators standing in the way of protecting voting rights. They lie too much they are republican and lied to win. We need to call this what it is. I really can’t believe this is happening. We need divine intervention honestly Is everyone praying?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

May Meeting 2 years 10 months ago #6199

• Mia
What is it that republicans are talking about Critical Race Theory? I’m not buying it because it’s the republicans. You know I look at Rubio and Cruz and I shake my head. They want to make people ignore this county’s systemic racism issues. This voting thing concerns me. We have to stop the republicans, we have to take this seriously. Why don’t they see this. I do think democrats who won’t do anything about a rule that is preventing our government from protecting voting rights and stopping some of these states from what they are doing. I think Manchin and that woman in Arizona are really republicans. It’s all really scary.

May Meeting 2 years 10 months ago #6200

• Stew
No…no education about slavery here. So I said they are still sticking with trump trying to make the old ways come back because they think that is great. I just wonder how many people feel that way. I really hope it’s not as many as who don’t. Honestly, wealthy business owners need to pay closer attention to those doing the hiring of personnel for their businesses. I had to do that, socking the upper management when I showed up. To my horror there were no black people much less in high paying positions. I called for an audit off all employees, all management positions and all applications to fill vacancies. To my disgust, there was a black section, qualified applicants whose only reasons for disqualification was their race. I made some immediate changes, that included to men in upper management. I replaced them with a woman and an African American man and created five positions, hiring three minorities, two of them women. It’s as simple as finding out what is going on, because wealth people don’t often pay much mind to the tactics that used to feed into this nations problem with systemic racism.

At the end of the day it’s hard to believe I was ever a republican because I have never been a racist. So, here’s to doing our part to fix the wrongs black people in this country have suffered as a whole.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Stew.

May Meeting 2 years 10 months ago #6201

• Vince
When I was growing up slavery was not taught in school. I didn’t learn about it until roots and suddenly I was playing defense and not at all proud to be a part of the white race. Suddenly I gated Christopher Columbus because he was Italian and a key player in the slave trade. I stayed home for days and then returned to school. Black people were being arrested and I was pissed. They had every right to be upset and that was the first time I realized how little black lives mattered in this county. I’m not shocked at the police brutality but I am horrified by it. I’m not sure it can be reformed but it can be reinvented

I agree some form of reparations needs to be made for all the years of suffering. I was talking to Mason and it’s shit like refusing to hire black people and pay them a decent salary. They hold the good paying jobs for white people denying black people opportunities to make wages that would greatly improve their lives. This is the face of systemic racism. It’s high time this was made right and finding decent jobs for black people will not happen until more of them start businesses and pay members of their race employment.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds