Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: March Topic

March Topic 2 years 1 month ago #6730

• Mark
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Our topic this month covers the things we discussed during the February meeting. We talked about many things this past meeting, the primary topic was Putin and how his war in Ukraine is causing a problem all around the world. Travel to the island was disturbed due to the air space situation. Fuel is ridiculously high and only getting more expensive. The south end of the island is our resort and the guest were clearly affected by what is going on in Ukraine. I'll start us off by saying, I'm real tired of how badly black people are treated all over this damn planet. Black, Indian, and Mexican people are regarded as less than human so thus deserving as little consideration as possible. Why? The United States sets the pattern for this kind of thing. We are looked at all around the world and our behaviors are clearly being mimicked. it is ugly, and, without a doubt, an American legacy to the world that will span all time and all generations. So, lets get over the history thing because it's getting worse simply because white people refuse to acknowledge the horrible wrong done to these groups of human beings or make any type of restitution or provide reparations to show some form of accountability for the brutal way African Americans have been treated in this country. Instead, we continue to hear how our law enforcement brutalizes and murders African Americans to this day.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by JackeeM.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

March Topic 2 years 1 month ago #6731

• Mike
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I stand by my belief that a man like Putin needs to be suppressed by any means possible. Call his bluff about nuclear warfare, he doesn’t want that shit and he knows it. As for how they are treated the black people trying to flee the country, I can understand why black Americans say they aren’t really concerned with what is going on. Why should they be? How can they be? They have so much to deal with around the world. Unfortunately, as leaders in the world, Americans have set the tone on this one. There are some Italians who are very racist as well. It’s sad how quickly ugly spreads. That is the one thing we can own, racism.

March Topic 2 years 1 month ago #6732

• Vince
I think Putin is insane I really do. But that what having power for too long will do to any person. He absolutely don’t know what else to do. He’s got all the money he will ever need, he runs an entire country, and he has the power of life and death in his hands. It is time to snap him bac to reality so we can run even if he is crazy enough to attempt nuclear warfare. I think divine interference will show itself right away. I like the believe there is a higher power that governs all planets under God and they don’t interfere with our everyday lives, but threatening a logos, that’s a whole different story. I also hope minorities think closely about what countries they want to go study in. To me Ukraine would never be a good option simply because it is too close to Russia. I do not want to be that close to Russia, as long as, what was his father’s name? People who believe in his father stand a chance of being in charge I don’t want to be anywhere near that place.

March Topic 2 years 1 month ago #6733

• Ebony
  • Elite Member
I’m upset about what Putin is doing. The blatant disregard for life is staggering. But I hear he’s some kind of follower of Stalin who was terrible. Were they related in some way? Stalin is up there with Genghis Khan when it comes to the horrific way he disregarded humanitarianism. I do care about what is happening because I am human and I hate seeing any human suffering the way he is causing the Ukrainian people to suffer. However, I am upset that they are treating minorities like the are somehow subhuman. I agree that despite what goes on here in the United States, people should see the fall out of those whose extreme racism has resulted in horrific death, such as the men or animals who killed Ahmaud Arbery. Accountability is to literally be brought to shame so it’s never worth it. I just think they feel as if no one will ever no, not so. Right now the world is watching how badly black people are treated around the world. The spot light is on such behavior and it is not looked upon with favor.

March Topic 2 years 1 month ago #6734

• Justin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Darling, Stalin was a brutal killer of his own people. He was a horrific tyrant and to me is was worse than the others because they killed those they were in combat with. Stalin is like Hitler, killing the poor in his own land more than those outside his boarders. The Russian people, in general, have been through hell for centuries. Putin actually is on the fence about Stalin, his grandfather was a cook for him but they are not related. He does not claim to be a Stalinist and admits Stalin was a brutal killer. But like in America, there are a large number of Russian who are Stalinist. Just like in America we have the White Nationalist.

I do feel for the Ukrainian people and I do hope there is a way to help them that does not lead to a war. I also think once this has come to some sort of conclusion, we have to look at how the minorities in Ukraine were treated.

March Topic 2 years 1 month ago #6735

• Stew
I lean toward calling Putin’s bluff as well because, I mean, what’s really stopping him from trying to go beyond Ukraine? If you ask me, him taking over that country puts him to close to western, NATO countries. I think he needs to be stopped.

As for what they are not only doing to Black people but Indian people, all people of color, is awful and as they learn a countries bad habits and behaviors, they need also learn the consequences of such behaviors. They don’t go without accountability, so much so, some white people are trying to suppress it from history. The shame last for generations. That is also a lesson to be learned. As long as there is an outlet the world will know of your deeds and frown upon them.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds